PDA

View Full Version : New Post Facility

Mark Wild
15-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Being a user of the new post button, is there any set times or amounts of posts before its cleared? Or do the mods just do it when they feel like it? I haven't much experience with forums so I have no clue, but over the last week it seems to be cleared more often. Annoying when you click new posts and theres 1, meaning you have to use the new post facility AND the normal process to find the most recent stuff. Is it possible to leave a bit longer before clearing them?

Hope that makes sense, I had a hard time explaining that to myself also. :o

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-05-2009, 12:10 PM
The forum does it automatically Mark - it's nothing to do with the mods. And I agree it is a bit annoying when they disappear unread. There is a 'todays posts' button too - have you tried that?

Mark Wild
15-05-2009, 12:13 PM
No mate haven't tried that, I'll give it a whirl. :approve: Cheers boss.

Corabar Steve
15-05-2009, 12:29 PM
New posts will clear if you spend a lot of time on one thread (this can happen a lot if Gary Shakermaker has been posting :sj:)

A way around this is to open the forum in 2 tabs & leave one of them on Who's online

Mark Wild
15-05-2009, 12:47 PM

That'll explain it because sometimes If I'm reading a thread and the phone goes or I get distracted I minimize it to come back to. Cheers Steve.