PDA

View Full Version : How do i set the dmx address on a dip switch based light ?

plainman007
16-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi,

I have color changers that have dip switches to set their dmx addresses ?
Can someone tell me how i can set different addresses on a dip switch system ?

Thanks...

Daryll
16-05-2009, 08:24 PM
http://business.virgin.net/tom.baldwin/dmx_calculator2.html

;) :D

daryll

plainman007
17-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi Daryl,

Thanks for the link. Its a cute convertor for the binary format. But i understand the logic behind it and can do the calculation on the fly by heart, but what was confusing me is that my light has 10 dip switches. The last one says 'Test'. Is this normal ? And what is the test switch usually used for ?
Thanks again.

Daryll
17-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I think the 10th switch enables dmx , but I would do a bit of research on this.
Have you got the manual ?
If not , if you can post the make/model , then someone here may have the manual , or possibly have a link to a downloadable one .

Daryll

plainman007
18-05-2009, 08:49 PM
The brand name. lol. Its hyung gwa lai or something like that. Its a chinese brand. The only manual that came in each box (i bought a dozen) was a xerox or a computer print out of some sort. After i read that i decided they might as well could have omitted the sheet. Its a new language fusion of chinese english. They are the worst ever to buy from. Unless you know their dialect and can communicate with them properly. :bang:

So theres no one who'd probably be able to find any info on this. Im just screwed. But the issue is that the martins and such other brands are so unaffordable. And cost twice as much to ship down to asia.