PDA

View Full Version : The worse KJ I've ever seen/heard

The_Blue_Dragon
18-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi people,
Every weekend me and my mate like to go to a different pub which isnt a local and that has Karaoke to try something abit different.

Well on saturday we went to one pub and we were shocked how bad the KJ (who was also the pub owner) was. This is how the order was for singers (KJ - KJ - KJ - Other singer - KJ - KJ - KJ - Other singer)

When we first walked in the KJ was singing and his system sounded great so we were looking forward to getting up and singing ourself, but when it came to the time his system sounded very tinny and kept getting loads of feedback.

At first we thought it were his mics as he used a different one to what everyone else used, but after me and my mate did our first song and he started his next 3 his mic stopped working so he used the ones we did, gues what.

It sounded perfect. We then clicked on what was up, he had his all system setup so he sounded great and never changed any volumes or other settings to adjust to other peoples voices. Me and my mate then got our jackets and left.

Why would anyone do that if they wanted to keep people in? Has anyone ever had a worse KJ?

Pe7e
18-05-2009, 12:20 PM

At first we thought it were his mics as he used a different one to what everyone else used, but after me and my mate did our first song and he started his next 3 his mic stopped working so he used the ones we did, gues what.

It sounded perfect. We then clicked on what was up, he had his all system setup so he sounded great and never changed any volumes or other settings to adjust to other peoples voices. Me and my mate then got our jackets and left.

Why would anyone do that if they wanted to keep people in? Has anyone ever had a worse KJ?

I'm not a fan of Karaoke so I've not seen enough to judge, but it is quite common for KJs to use a high end mic themselves and hand out cheap and nasty ones to the performers, but then again would you feel safe handing over you £400 pride and joy to a drunk who could well drop it :eek:

The_Blue_Dragon
18-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Yes but we noticed it wasnt a problem with the mic because his mic stopped working so started using the same was what we used and he sounded perfect.

His all system was just set up for him

Javlingames
18-05-2009, 12:37 PM
I was out in Sheffield on saturday night, i stayed in the park inn hotel and directly across was a pub called the alexandra, seemed well dodgy, do you know it?

Anyway, there was a DJ in there, sat down on a pub couch just playing songs from 1 cd player, massive gaps, no lights , he looked like a regular who the landlord gave £25 to play a few tunes. i may have a pic somewhere, il have a look

The_Blue_Dragon
18-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Nah don't know it

Excalibur
20-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi people,
Every weekend me and my mate like to go to a different pub which isnt a local and that has Karaoke to try something abit different.

Only in a mirror. ;) :D :D :D

1st Choice Karaoke
21-05-2009, 01:57 AM
I went in to a pub once that was advertising a Karaoke competion on the board outside... when I went in the "KJ" had about 20 karaoke CDs laid out on the table, no books or anything. i enquired about his song list and he said "just pick one from there" and pointed at the table... needless to say... I didn't bother ;-)