PDA

View Full Version : Need help fixing my dmx light!

alexlite
19-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I have just bought 2 Constella Astra Scan's, They were not in the best of condition but I am now managing to get them up to scratch now and working good, both the mirrors were cracked and has managed to replace them now which is good, I have bought new 250w ELC lamps for them so they should be nice and bright now! Now they are decent lights!

I just have 1 issue.....

One of the lights has an alignment issue; where the colour wheel and gobo wheel doesn't quite align properly, where sometimes you will see half of 1 gobo and half of another, sometimes you get the full gobo.

I have tried tightening the gobo wheel and manually moving it to position 1 (open) but when you turn the light on it does its 'power on self test' with the mirrors, then the lamp strikes and everything is good then as soon at the gobo's 'does it's thing' the gobos wheel seems to mis-align sometimes.

Has anyone ever encountered or resolved anything like this before in a similar scale?

Thank you.

Aj

Pe7e
19-05-2009, 02:06 PM
It was the stepper motor the last time I encountered a similar problem. (Martin 812)