PDA

View Full Version : Delay & Reverbs

Adam_F
20-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Quick question for you karaoke guys......

What do you use for your effects, software (which program) or hardware (which unit)?

What settings have you found best for singers (on average - I know it varies between singers).

If you layer your effects, which way round would you prefer, reverb then delay or delay then reverb?

any help is appreciated.

OllieJames
20-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey Adam,

I do a lot of studio work, so might be able to offer a bit of information. An all-round FX processor that is good for the money is the Behringer Virtualizer, i believe they're around £70?

I would reverb first, then add the delay. If you did delay then reverb, the reverb would affect the delay too, where as when you use verb first then delay, the delay just 'delays' the reverberated vocals.

Hope this helps a bit!

womble
20-05-2009, 12:16 PM
I just use the reverb effects on my mixer, they're pretty basic but iron out a few creases in the punters (and my own) voices.

mark karaoke
20-05-2009, 01:08 PM
i use the dfx on my powered mixers (delay and reverb combined) just got to remember to turn it down to speak.different mixers have a big difference in quality though ---- my fbt is slightly better than my kam unit.

Adam_F
20-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Cool, cheers for the info guys :approve:

flatliners
20-05-2009, 05:13 PM
number 88 on my effects on my bheringer 1622fx

Excalibur
22-05-2009, 07:49 PM
number 88 on my effects on my bheringer 1622fx

Resists the urge to insert joke about Chinese takeaway. :D

DazzyD
27-05-2009, 12:25 PM
I too just use the DSP fx unit built in to the mixer. It's got 16 basic settings but each one can be tweaked using knobs and sliders (depth, delay, volume, etc) until I get the desired effect.

As each singer has a different voice, I'm always ready to adjust to suit!