PDA

View Full Version : How to stick those glass bits back on!

DJ Jules
21-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know:

a) What the little bits of coloured glass stuck to Gobo wheels are called?

b) Where you can buy replacement ones if they drop off and get lost

c) How to stick them back on again!!

I originally wrote off my Chauvet Obsession light because it went out on dry hire and someone dropped something very heavy on it (oh yeah, and because it wasn't that great anyway). The casing bent back into place more or less ok, but all of the glass dropped off the gobo wheel (see below!)

http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk/DiscoHire/IMG00372s.jpg

Anyone know anything about light repair?

Julian

Tony Scott
21-05-2009, 10:02 PM
They are called dichroic filters, google it and you will get suppliers or contact prolight, chauvet etc.

Fix them back with clear silicon, I've used silicon for this before with no issues. It's also great for sticking lenses back in to goboflowers, impossibLED's etc. :)

DJ Jules
22-05-2009, 06:41 AM
They are called dichroic filters, google it and you will get suppliers or contact prolight, chauvet etc.

I'll give that a go. Thanks!

Fix them back with clear silicon, I've used silicon for this before with no issues. It's also great for sticking lenses back in to goboflowers, impossibLED's etc. :)

I never thought of that, I was thinking of more solid adhesives, but it'd make perfect sense to stick them in with something a bit more flexible - and I've got a few tubes of the stuff in the garage.

Julian