PDA

View Full Version : PCDJ Red Mobile

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-05-2009, 10:08 PM
I have been looking at this for one of my DJs and think it's a very good bit of software.

True to the original in a few ways, simple and straight to the point, with added functionality, master tempo and the ability to use midi contollers, such as the Denon HC4500.

I downloaded the trial and was pleasantly surprised that it no more than 20 mins or so to get to grips with it.

I also like the look of it, though it only comes with 2 skins, red and blue or night and day as they call it.

All in all for £80 or so, I reckon this could be a good bit of software to use if you like the original red and don't use video and karaoke etc.

Worth a look and worth downloading the 14 day trial (http://www.pcdj.co.uk/shop-product-details.asp?ContentID=2). :thumbsup:

DeckstarDeluxe
28-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Dammit, I just got Numark Cue the other day for £225 :(

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-05-2009, 10:18 PM

Is that the same Numark Cue that Atomix aren't supporting anymore? :sofa:

Why would you pay that much for it anyway, when VDJ is cheaper? :confused:

DeckstarDeluxe
28-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Yes the very same....... :(

In the shop they had PCFX I think it was called that was 199 but I liked the look of cue alot more.

Cue is still going to work right? Just no more updates?

Adam_F
29-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Yes the very same....... :(

In the shop they had PCFX I think it was called that was 199 but I liked the look of cue alot more.

Cue is still going to work right? Just no more updates?

Yes, it'll work, but no bug fixes or updates.

You can go to Virtual DJs website, and pay an upgrade fee to get Virtual DJ Pro, which when version 6 is released (very soon) it'll be alot better than Cue.

DJMaxG
30-05-2009, 09:52 AM

Is that the same Numark Cue that Atomix aren't supporting anymore? :sofa:

Why would you pay that much for it anyway, when VDJ is cheaper? :confused:

PCDJ VJ (Video version) is only about £200.

So, I don't know where you've found that price from.

DJMaxG
11-06-2009, 03:07 PM
PCDJ Dex has a skin for Red and a seperate shortcut icon on the Desktop.

I have watched the video, and the modern controllers (Dac 3) aren't compatible with the old red programme. Obiously the HC4500 is.

YouTube - PCDJ Dex - An introduction