pineapple
29-05-2009, 10:45 AM
hi all i was wondering if you can help me that
this is my audio setup:

citronic - Power Amp 800
mixer - http://www.geminidj.com/ps02.html
2x KAM ZP12 - 12" 150W RMS Full Range PA Speaker
pc with behringer BCD-2000 Audio Controller with PCDJ VJ

audio source ive tryed using is twin cd deck.laptops.pcs. and it still sounds mono it gives a little bit of stereo but not much then some times it sounds so tinny.

i aint got a clue what else to do ive even tryed putting an audio EQ on the pc to see if that helps and still nothing

tryed buying new leads and still does the same
what can i buy to make it stereo?

please help me if you can

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-05-2009, 11:08 AM
What do you mean by "It sounds mono"?

kjdiscos
29-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Has this happened recently, I.E sounded better before hand

The ZP12'S eat piezos, Have you replaced them ?, You can get a replacement from Potts cheap

andyw
29-05-2009, 11:36 AM
have you checked all your leads, try and plug something else in like a cd player, does that sound any better or the same

Larry B Entertainment
29-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Do you mean the mono as in the sound comes out of one speaker only ?

Has the citronic amp got a mono bridge switch on the back ?

If so is it turned on ?

pineapple
29-05-2009, 12:19 PM
hi guys thanks for your feedback.when the sound comes out the speakers its in mono theres no stereo to it.its been like this to be honest since ive had the setup and now its really doing me in.
i will have a look at the piezos and let you know about that but i think that they are working fine.ive checked all leads and tryed putting in various of things and still the same.
ive tryed aswell to turn the bridge switch on and off aswell and still sounds the same
ive tryed using different amps and still does it
what else can i do?

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-05-2009, 12:23 PM
when the sound comes out the speakers its in mono theres no stereo to it

What do you mean, there's no stereo to it? :bang: :confused:

Larry B Entertainment
29-05-2009, 12:35 PM
What do you mean, there's no stereo to it? :bang: :confused:

Im not understanding what he means either :eek:

Pineapple, do you mean there is no top or bottom frequencies coming from the speakers ?
Thats what I assume you mean.
If so that is nothing to do with a mono or stereo signal. It would mean there is a problem with your speakers.

kjdiscos
29-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Pineapple, Im pretty local if you want me to have a listen, As myself and the other members are struggling to see what you mean by mono

Charlie Brown
29-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Pineapple, Im pretty local if you want me to have a listen, As myself and the other members are struggling to see what you mean by mono

:approve:

Top man :)

rob1963
29-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but is there a switch on the back of the amp which is selectable between mono, stereo & bridged mode operation.

If so, is it in the mono position by mistake?

Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but it was just a thought.

Shakermaker Promotions
29-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Is there a Mono/Stereo button on the mixer?

kjdiscos
29-05-2009, 01:57 PM
hes posted what mixer he has guys, and if you click the link he kindly posted, you willl see it doesnt well not at first glance

Larry B Entertainment
29-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Pineapple, have looked at the picture on your website, try plugging the PC in to the amp to see if that sounds better to you, could be the mixer at fault. From what I can work out the connections are in the right places on the photo.
Are you the one with a light on you head or the speaker lol
Plus look at some other threads on here for ways to smarten and tidy the appearance of your setup :)

pineapple
29-05-2009, 03:14 PM
hi guys thanks for getting back to me.the speakers top or bottom frequencies are coming out from the speakers.basically the easyiest way to explain this the sound comes out like its playing through a tape and not through anything else so it sounds mono
if this helps?

the quaility of sound comes out like its been played through a tape player.i aint got a clue why it is though ive tryed everything i can think of.is there something i can buy like an EQ or something to make it sound really nice
please help me if you can
thanks again

spin mobile disco
30-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Mono is when a signal is recorded on a single channel Then split and sent to the speakers. Each speaker recieves exactly the same signal so you get a mono sound.

A stereo sound is when a signal is recorded in 2 channels and a difference ccan be heard between 1 speaker and the other.

But this is only noticable on some songs anyway. My guess is you are not running in mono but have another problem.

The members here are trying to give you advice without enough information. Tape is a mono or stereo device so that im afraid is no help. Do you mean the signal sounds weak like listening to the radio in a big room. Or does it sound to low and bassy or does it sound to high and tinny?

Do you have stereo cables from your laptop to mixer then from your mixer to amps? Are your tone controls normal? In my experience on a good system mono or stereo is very little difference to the sound. One is obviouslythe 2 signals blended and mixed and the other a seperate signal to each speaker. But in a loud room most people wouldnt know stereo from a hole in the ground.