PDA

View Full Version : A Little help reqired with Virtual DJ

Richard Veal
30-05-2009, 11:19 PM
I seem to have a problem with Virtual DJ.

I don't seem to get my video transitions any more, and my Sonique plugin fails to work.

To make things worse when I attempt to use the fader from deck A going into B (whilst using any transition other than the "none" setting) The audio crackles or punches/stutters during the fade Then settles down again after the crossfader is fully over.

Weird thing is it doesn't do it the other way around B into A???

Everything worked fine up until about 3 weeks ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

thex-faders
31-05-2009, 12:26 AM
have you tried looking at the latency? Takw it down a notch and see if the problem persists?

Larry B Entertainment
31-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Everything worked fine up until about 3 weeks ago.

Have you made any major hardware or settings changes in the last 3 weeks ?

Could be something that has upset VDJ.

jamesh
31-05-2009, 12:41 PM
For the audio issue click on the performance tab and make sure the latancy is set to auto and tick the safe mode box and the overclock box (that's how mine is and works ok)

THen if it still plays up move the slider in more towards the fastest end rather than the best quality end - you wont hear a great deal of difference in the audio quality but it will run better nearer the fastest option.

For the transitions not working and sonique issues it suggests that you have a problem with your direct x install... The best way to solve that is get the latest from microsoft and install it on your system. You should then find they will work again fine.

Jiggles
31-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Graphics driver update. Try it.

Richard Veal
31-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the advice , I havn't made any real changes to the system as such... Except its a new PC that was on Vista which virtual seemed to really hang with so I downgraded to XP and like I said - it all worked fine for a good while.

Will check the latency - (is that sound?)
Will try new update on graphics card and direct X
& Let you know

Thsnks for a quick responce

DazzyD
05-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I have no problems running VDJ on Vista (which is more than can be said for BPM!) so I'm pretty sure it's Vista compatible.

It does sound like a driver issue. I would install/reinstall the latest Direct X drivers as has already been suggested.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-06-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Vista compatible.

It is. I run it on Vista.

Richard Veal
07-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Update,
I have reinstalled everything - VDJ, Direct X, Drivers etc.
Last night it was terrible. Even the preview of the soundwave would only load the first 30 seconds or so. and at 1 point it just shut down the pc! - But thats another story.
Can't see why its playing up - never had this problem before.

Is it worth re-installing windows or vista from scratch and starting again? or is a visit to the computer shop in order. Thanks

Jiggles
07-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Give a reinstallation a try. Can't hurt!

JAMdisco
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Yep, I would recommend a re-install of the OS. I too use VDJ and it runs on my Vista laptop with no problem. I've dabbled with video but not for any 'live' applications.

Also, I'm not sure which version of VDJ you're using? Have you installed the latest version of VDJ? This might help as well.

Excalibur
10-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Yep, I would recommend a re-install of the OS. I too use VDJ and it runs on my Vista laptop with no problem. I've dabbled with video but not for any 'live' applications.
Also, I'm not sure which version of VDJ you're using? Have you installed the latest version of VDJ? This might help as well.

Is video like Karaoke? :confused: Since Justin is my IT Guru, I'll defer to ihis superior knowledge. It has crashed with me during Karaoke, but we can put that down to operator error/ Machine under specced.

Richard Veal
14-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Thanks to everyone for your ideas and support. I think the problem is sorted - at least it seems to be!
The answer - The graphics card was on the way out apparantly, changing said item has cured the lot. Not sure how the gfx card manged to cause sound problems but hey.

I wouldn't have believed it but it seems that an nvidea graphics card is not compatible with an nvidea motherboard - pcworld swapped it for a ati card and hey presto

Thanks again