PDA

View Full Version : How to master / slave my lights!

alexlite
03-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Hi,

I have to Constella 250w Astra Scans which I would like to link up in Master / Slave mode.

Each light has an internal microphone / dmx in / dmx out / and DIP switches.

I have linked light 1 up to light 2 to using a DMX lead (from dmx out light 1 to dmx in light 2) and has selected DIP switch 1 'down' to address light 1, then has selected DIP switch 1 and 3 down to address light 2. Nothing works in master slave mode.

I have tried linking them up with no DIP switches down, and tried pushing down DIP switch 10 as this can be a 'program' sometimes. Still, nothing works

Does anyone know how I can MASTER / SLAVE my lights?

Cheers,

Alex

andyw
03-06-2009, 12:13 PM
i don't know these lights, so what i say could be totally wrong(as usual) on the acme dynamos that we use you need dip switch 1 on the master then have dipswitch 1 off on the slaves.. try turning light 1 on first then light 2

alexlite
03-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Sadly, that doesn't work either.

What annoying is that I can't find a manual for the Astra Scans anywhere, looked on the net and nothing is available.

Constella are no where to be seen these days, its a shame because they are good rock solid and heavy robust lights, which is just what you need in a mobile disco environment these days.

Larry B Entertainment
03-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I have linked light 1 up to light 2 to using a DMX lead (from dmx out light 1 to dmx in light 2) and has selected DIP switch 1 'down' to address light 1, then has selected DIP switch 1 and 3 down to address light 2. Nothing works in master slave mode.

This is what you would do to control them via DMX 512, Master and slave mode works different to this and will use different Dip settings. You dont assign separate addresses for each fixture in M/S mode. You will need to find someone that already knows the settings to use or some sort of manual.

alexlite
03-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Its a manual that I'm finding hard to get.....

I don't really want to have to spend another 60 quid on a controller if I can simply master and slave the lights.

I do have 2 acme scanners that work in master and slave mode, these are easy to assign as all I do is select dip switch 1 plus dip switch 10 (10 for reverse or program), and on light 2, I just select 10 again.

But the Constella scans just dont have the same operation by the looks of it.

A manual is what I need.....your right there!