PDA

View Full Version : Stairville DMX Master 1

djgordyp
06-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Just bought one of these off ebay and it's working perfectly. The only problem being, there was no manual. I did however manage to find a 2 page quick start guide for the Chauvet controller. That shows how to programe scenes and I'm sure that will be enough for now (there was also something about programming and linking the four chases but that went right over my head:D ).

My main question though is where to take the audio from. Can I just use a splitter on either the R or L out from the mixer? or would this degrade the signal going to the amp.

If anyone has any tips on getting the best out of it I would be glad to hear them. At the moment I only have 2 prosound scanners and may get two barrel scanners before too long.

Skarloey
06-06-2009, 11:18 AM
You are not missing much without the user guide cos its all over the place. Go to the Chauvet home page and search for the dmx controller 55 its the same unit but the user guide is better to follow. Hope this helps

djgordyp
06-06-2009, 11:21 AM
You are not missing much without the user guide cos its all over the place. Go to the Chauvet home page and search for the dmx controller 55 its the same unit but the user guide is better to follow. Hope this helps

Thanks will do.

Paul The Party Dj
06-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi, it also has a built in mic. Ours works fine like that.

Cheers

Paul The Party DJ

thex-faders
06-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Does your mixer have a booth out? Take a signal from that for audio if needed?

djgordyp
06-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi, it also has a built in mic. Ours works fine like that.

Cheers

Paul The Party DJ
Didn't know that. Just saw a phono socket on the rear marked audio.

Does your mixer have a booth out? Take a signal from that for audio if needed?

Probably won't be neccessary now I've found out it has a built in mic.

Probably should start a new thread for my next question, but here goes anyway. Is it easy/worthwhile to replace a stepper motor? I have one which sticks a bit on the pan. (I can just hear the witty comments already:D :D )

OllieJames
06-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Didn't know that. Just saw a phono socket on the rear marked audio.

Probably won't be neccessary now I've found out it has a built in mic.

Probably should start a new thread for my next question, but here goes anyway. Is it easy/worthwhile to replace a stepper motor? I have one which sticks a bit on the pan. (I can just hear the witty comments already:D :D )

I would make another thread! Might attract more attention :)