PDA

View Full Version : prosound 1600

flemmer
07-06-2009, 03:47 PM
i have a prosound 1600 that is now out of waranty , it would seam that the company who made this unit for maplin have gone into receivership..

the problem i have is as soon as it turns on it goes into "protection" , i am sure i can fix this as sometimes it does work , and when it works it is ok all night ,

does anyone have a schematic for this amp or can help at all , many thanks..

Danno13
07-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Please have a read of this topic - http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11711

Thanks.

CRAZY K
07-06-2009, 05:08 PM
i have a prosound 1600 that is now out of waranty , it would seam that the company who made this unit for maplin have gone into receivership..

the problem i have is as soon as it turns on it goes into "protection" , i am sure i can fix this as sometimes it does work , and when it works it is ok all night ,

does anyone have a schematic for this amp or can help at all , many thanks..

Sorry to say this again---

SALE OF GOODS ACT:D

Under EU rules its 2 years now anyway.

If Maplins excuse is their supplier has gone bust---tough :Censored: luck--they sold it to you.

TRY THIS--

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/how-long-should-it-last/

CRAZY K

Charlie Brown
07-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I have had dealings with it, and I remember a similar situation. Are the speakers linked up to pro sound?

DJ Jules
07-06-2009, 07:47 PM

Hmm, this is where it gets fun, Maplin's general policy on returns outside of 3months old is that they go away for repair, and outside of 1yr, you can get stuffed. You're going to have a fight on your hands which is going to involve a good few letters to their head office, but I'm sure that they will back down quickly once you get past their store front monkeys who have no power at all to help you, and have been taught to reel off the "older than 3 months - we'll have to send it away" mantra.

the problem i have is as soon as it turns on it goes into "protection" , i am sure i can fix this as sometimes it does work , and when it works it is ok all night

Sounds like a dry joint/loose connection somewhere.

Does anyone have a schematic for this amp or can help at all , many thanks..

Sorry, nope, but it's probably not overly complex to be honest ;)

Julian