PDA

View Full Version : blinders

bedrock
10-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi
I was just wondering can you get blinders that just plug in at the wall or are they worked of dmx lighting. If there are, can anyone think of alternative for blinders that I can plug in at the wall as I have not mastered dmx lighting yet. I want to use those blinders they use at rock gigs, but would it be to much for a dj'ing gig because I want to give people that atmosphere like they are seeing a band.

Thanks
Martin

Charlie Brown
10-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I will be interested too. These can be great for teenage parties too...especially when they all sing "Living on a prayer" etc... :)

dmckaraoke
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Well having used my blinders a many of a night for bands i highly recomend the ones i use...

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15217

but there are dmx but very easy to use.....but then can be controlled by sound to light...

Paul The Party Dj
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Haven't used them for a while, but a few years back I just had two external halogen floodlights to do the job. They do get hot if left on for long and they need to cool before you take them down. They worked fine and are very cheap - 150 or 500 watt under £5 each.
Paul the Party DJ

bedrock
10-06-2009, 04:20 PM
hi

do external halogen floodlights youse a plug in the wall socket or not

Charlie Brown
10-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Hmm if not you can adapt it too...I was thinking about using them. Seems a sensible yet effective idea. Just don't blow it by turning it on and off quickly...sort of thing I would do :p

Paul The Party Dj
10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
I had mine to iec plugs into my switch block.
This was in the days before PAT certificates, so if anyone knows better I'm sorry.
Paul