PDA

View Full Version : advice

sted
17-06-2009, 08:45 PM
hi, just bought some new equipment off ebay and with it came a hard drive, which had 45gigs of the entire sunfly collection. is there somewere i can get a track list to put together some books or do i have to sit and type it all in?

any help would be great.

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Buying copies of Sunfly discs in mp3 format is against copyright law, so I suggest you either get a refund or delete the songs immediately.

Dynamic Entertainment
17-06-2009, 09:36 PM
And report seller to ebay. Unless you have the original discs too 9doesnt sound like it though).

sted
18-06-2009, 07:35 AM
wow really :( i just spent £400 on this stuff and thought because it was all offical tracks then it was ok. sugar what do i do know?

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2009, 11:45 AM
You need to contact the seller and tell him you have just been advised that this is not a legal sale and see what he says. If he doesn't play ball, then you need to contact Ebay and advise them of what has happened and take it from there.

Dynamic Entertainment
18-06-2009, 12:46 PM
As he said :) - Hope it works out

DazzyD
18-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Just to point out that Images Superstore up in Scotland do a karaoke hard-drive (or used to) but got round it by supplying the original CD+Gs as well. They also did the same with DJ music CDs.

I'm not sure if they still do it as I haven't received their catalogue for some time. Could be worth looking in to as it was really good value for money when you factor in the time it takes to rip all the discs.

sted
18-06-2009, 02:49 PM
just had a very long dibate with the guy and freatened with the police etc and he finaly admitted he hass the discs and wanted to keep them. to which i said i want them included in the sale. he asked for a £50 extra charge but in the end and an hour on the phone he has agreed to let me pay for the postage and i can have them.

but not till friday so i persume that he is going to make a copy of them???
but i get the originals.

:):)

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure if they still do it

I don't think they do. I think they must have had their wrists slapped. ;)

Dynamic Entertainment
18-06-2009, 07:51 PM
just had a very long dibate with the guy and freatened with the police etc and he finaly admitted he hass the discs and wanted to keep them. to which i said i want them included in the sale. he asked for a £50 extra charge but in the end and an hour on the phone he has agreed to let me pay for the postage and i can have them.

but not till friday so i persume that he is going to make a copy of them???
but i get the originals.

:):)

Result. Get the discs.....then shop the git :D

DazzyD
18-06-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't think they do. I think they must have had their wrists slapped. ;)

Just checked the website and can't see the hard-drives anymore. Shame that as I thought it was a good idea. I need to order some new LED effects in the next couple of months so I'll try and have a chat with Jim and see what happened.

Result. Get the discs.....then shop the git :D

Good advice - so long as you get the originals and not the copies!

DeckstarDeluxe
18-06-2009, 09:05 PM
How did you pay for the items? Paypal?

sted
18-06-2009, 10:58 PM
shop ????

sted
18-07-2009, 09:31 AM
i paid via pay pal.

DK Karaoke
18-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Good advice - so long as you get the originals and not the copies!

This is a very good point.

Those who sell hard drives of karaoke now, originally used to sell the discs, but they were all copies.

I also suspect that those who operated like this, also obtained a produb licence, presumably in the hopes that the scent would be thrown off.

They made so much money out of it, that they could afford to pay the ProDub.

ajenks
13-08-2009, 03:12 PM
you don't need origional copies?? The other way around it is to have a reciept from a legal download site to say that the tracks were bought as mp3+g's. If you go to this site you can see where to download them all

http://www.buykaraokedownloads.com/index.php?gclid=CLDRyKL1oJwCFc0B4wod7j0udA

Proof of purchase is all you need, not just origional copies. Also to play the tracks in digital form you need a digital dj licence.

Hope this helps.

DazzyD
14-08-2009, 01:08 PM
you don't need origional copies?? The other way around it is to have a reciept from a legal download site to say that the tracks were bought as mp3+g's. If you go to this site you can see where to download them all

http://www.buykaraokedownloads.com/index.php?gclid=CLDRyKL1oJwCFc0B4wod7j0udA

Proof of purchase is all you need, not just origional copies. Also to play the tracks in digital form you need a digital dj licence.

Hope this helps.

Except that it's my understanding that the Digital DJ licence is now defunct having been replaced by ProDub.

But you are still quite wrong as I believe you're not allowed to sell on media that you've downloaded whether downloaded legally or not. When you download, you get your licence to use that download and they invariably state that your purchase may not be resold. I download all of my media direct to my playout hard-drive and my track licences all state this.