PDA

View Full Version : Desktop+video sender

djgordyp
21-06-2009, 10:51 AM
The other night I was listening to music on my computer in the bedroom.
I brought my wirelss keyboard downstairs to see if it would work.

This got me thinking. Plug the transmitter of a video sender into the scart socket of the monitor in my bedroom and the receiver into the tv in the living room. I could then use my computer from the comfort of my living room.

Just wanted to know that this would work before splashing out on a video sender unit

djgordyp
26-06-2009, 10:10 PM
hellooooo :D

DJMaxG
09-07-2009, 12:19 AM
You should connect the Transmitter unit to your Computer's Graphics card, and the Receiver into the downstairs television set.

Most PC Moniters won't have a Scart Socket, unless it's an LCD Television perhaps. You'll need some kind of video adaptor to convert the cables.

Wireless keyboards don't always reach particularly far, I know My Labtec one doesn't anyway.

kmssounds
09-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Could work! Prob will but I had one them AV transmitters and soon as someone starts to move about it gets abit fuzzy! But I did have a cheap one!

Good idea though!

Buy one from Currys, try it and if it don't work, take it back and say it was'nt compatible with your set! LOL!

djgordyp
09-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.
My monitor is indeed an LCD tv, never thought of using the output from the computer though.
The keyboard seems to work downstairs. Not sure if the mouse would work though.
Might try it in the next couple of weeks. Need to concentrate on getting some advertising done for the disco first,