PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer CDJ's to computer

kmssounds
22-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Hi,

I am currently using the Hercules RMX on Virtual DJ which I find very easy to use as im not messing about with cd's.

My question is I have seen CDJ 800's Linked upto a computer and actually running the tracks off there. How easy are they to connect to a computer and what software could I use?

Thanks for help!

Adam_F
22-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi,

I am currently using the Hercules RMX on Virtual DJ which I find very easy to use as im not messing about with cd's.

My question is I have seen CDJ 800's Linked upto a computer and actually running the tracks off there. How easy are they to connect to a computer and what software could I use?

Thanks for help!

To do this you need a DVS (Digital Vinyl System).

Popular ones on the market are Traktor Scratch Pro, Serato Scratch Live, Intimidation Touch and M Audio's Torq Conectiv. These include everything you need to DJ with tracks off your PC, but controlling them with either time coded CDs or vinyl from your CDJs or turntables.

Another reliable DJ program is Virtual DJ, simply buy something like an American Audio Versa Port and download the timecode signal from their website, and burn to CD.

Dynamic Entertainment
22-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I swear by Serato Scratch Live. Its awesome :)

visualdjmax
22-06-2009, 01:27 PM
I swear by Serato Scratch Live. Its awesome :)

Same as it's awesome. I was really not happy about Digital DJing, it has never let me down (touch wood). I always carry CD's as well though!!!!

Dynamic Entertainment
22-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Same as it's awesome. I was really not happy about Digital DJing, it has never let me down (touch wood). I always carry CD's as well though!!!!

Me too. Thats the beauty of SSL, you have to have the cd players, which meanys you have your back up there. CDs if thelappy dies, and internal players on lappy if the cd players die.

Im guessing you look at it the same way Max?

visualdjmax
22-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Me too. Thats the beauty of SSL, you have to have the cd players, which meanys you have your back up there. CDs if thelappy dies, and internal players on lappy if the cd players die.

Im guessing you look at it the same way Max?

Yes agree again.

kmssounds
23-06-2009, 12:33 PM
What do you mean by time coded CD's?

I have the Virtual DJ connected to me Hercules RMX now and its really good!

letr me know