PDA

View Full Version : Front page gone need similar

Spirits High
26-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone,

A question for the PC boffins.

I've just got a new home PC (Dell inspiron) but it doesn't have front page on it. I used FP to update my website, as you can see I need something that's similar and as simple to use ;)

The PC does have publisher, is that the same thing (ish) :D

If not can anyone recommend a program.

Thanks in advance.

discomobiledj
26-06-2009, 11:42 PM
You could use a programme called coffeecup.

Jiggles
26-06-2009, 11:59 PM
NVU free and if a 1st year can use it (11-12 year old) then it has to be idiot proof :D

ppentertainments
27-06-2009, 01:49 AM
WebExpression is the new frontpage. You can download free trials and is very similar to frontpage.

Spirits High
27-06-2009, 12:00 PM

I'll look into that one

NVU free and if a 1st year can use it (11-12 year old) then it has to be idiot proof :D

What are you trying to say :p :D

WebExpression is the new frontpage. You can download free trials and is very similar to frontpage.

Nice one thanks guys

Jiggles
27-06-2009, 12:30 PM
What are you trying to say :p :D

Nothing. :D :zip:

Marc J
27-06-2009, 03:06 PM
When asked what the best free web authoring software is I usually recommend NVU. Recommend is probably the wrong word, though, it's more of a point in that direction as I've never actually used it myself so have no first hand experience. It is very popular, though.

Spirits High
27-06-2009, 04:01 PM
When asked what the best free web authoring software is I usually recommend NVU. Recommend is probably the wrong word, though, it's more of a point in that direction as I've never actually used it myself so have no first hand experience. It is very popular, though.

Thanks Marc.

You'd be chuffed as I managed to get my ftp software off of the old one and up and running on the new one without emailing you :D :D

Marc J
27-06-2009, 08:11 PM
You'd be chuffed as I managed to get my ftp software off of the old one and up and running on the new one without emailing you :D :D

Just as well....my response time is currently about 2 months with the backlog I've got :eek:

Yes Shaun, I did get your email btw! ;) :bang:

Jiggles
27-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Just as well....my response time is currently about 2 months with the backlog I've got :eek:

Get off the forum then. :D:p

Spirits High
03-07-2009, 06:57 PM

After checking out trial versions of all that were mentioned I went for coffee cup ;)

Seems good at the minute but having a few dramas with fonts.

Anyone else using it on Vista?

Jiggles
03-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Go on invest in dreamweaver. :zip:

discomobiledj
03-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Go on invest in dreamweaver. :zip:

I use Dreamweaver and admittedly love it. You have the best of both worlds, code or split view!

CRAZY K
03-07-2009, 08:38 PM
I use Dreamweaver and admittedly love it. You have the best of both worlds, code or split view!

I get that with Frontpage;)

CRAZY K

Not that I can use code:eek:

CRAZY K

discomobiledj
03-07-2009, 09:01 PM

Not that I can use code:eek:

CRAZY K

:p I can! :p

Marc J
04-07-2009, 10:16 AM
After checking out trial versions of all that were mentioned I went for coffee cup ;)

Seems good at the minute but having a few dramas with fonts.

Anyone else using it on Vista?

With web design software fonts shouldn't be an issue, you should only be using web safe fonts anyway...

Spirits High
04-07-2009, 11:35 AM
With web design software fonts shouldn't be an issue, you should only be using web safe fonts anyway...

Seems to be fine this morning :D

uploaded a new testimonial and it seems fine now ;)

Arnold_disco
04-07-2009, 04:45 PM
iWeb works nice