PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic karaoke sound system

Starlight
29-06-2009, 12:06 AM
I went to Wigan the other night to a karaoke bar and I must say that his sound system was fantastic. He had a pair of Warfdale speakers. I'd say they were 15" speakers and they sounded very rich and smooth on the top end. He was using a Behringer UB1204 FX Pro mixer and his treble was set at around the 3 o'clock position. I was amazed on the clarity of his speakers and I don't think he used any other processing tools in his mic chain. Overall, I was extremely impressed with this guys speakers and I would seriously consider getting some Warfdales The only thing I thought was going against his speakers was the bass response, they weren't very basy.

Does anyone else use them?

Neil.

Adam_F
29-06-2009, 09:47 AM
I went to Wigan the other night to a karaoke bar and I must say that his sound system was fantastic. He had a pair of Warfdale speakers. I'd say they were 15" speakers and they sounded very rich and smooth on the top end. He was using a Behringer UB1204 FX Pro mixer and his treble was set at around the 3 o'clock position. I was amazed on the clarity of his speakers and I don't think he used any other processing tools in his mic chain. Overall, I was extremely impressed with this guys speakers and I would seriously consider getting some Warfdales The only thing I thought was going against his speakers was the bass response, they weren't very basy.

Does anyone else use them?

Neil.

Neil,

Wharfedale do various different ranges, it could have been any.

For the money, the ranges do sound clear and precise. However, with all Wharfedales, the highs are very piercing to the ear, and does need to be toned down on the EQs, which isn't really a problem I guess.

The EVPX and the LX range are good budget/mid range speakers. Their MX range are VERY good, but the price does reflect this.

Starlight
29-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Neil,

Wharfedale do various different ranges, it could have been any.

For the money, the ranges do sound clear and precise. However, with all Wharfedales, the highs are very piercing to the ear, and does need to be toned down on the EQs, which isn't really a problem I guess.

The EVPX and the LX range are good budget/mid range speakers. Their MX range are VERY good, but the price does reflect this.

I was stunned by the overall quality of his speakers. Looking round the marketplace, they looked like the MX series. His EQ was set at 3 o'clock and the treble was plentiful, wasn't peircing by no means and I suppose if the treble was full wack, then that would sound too trebly and peircing.

Best wishes,
Neil.

Sarahjovi
29-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi,

We use the Wharfdale Pros Titan 12's (Passive), being girlys :p , we chose them because they're not too heavy (plastic cabs), and when we were looking at them in the shop the assistant played varying music for us and we too were impressed by the sound! I have seen quite a few bands use them too! I think the bass is more than adequate for Karaoke!

Sarah:D

Starlight
29-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi,

We use the Wharfdale Pros Titan 12's (Passive), being girlys :p , we chose them because they're not too heavy (plastic cabs), and when we were looking at them in the shop the assistant played varying music for us and we too were impressed by the sound! I have seen quite a few bands use them too! I think the bass is more than adequate for Karaoke!

Were's the RCF and Mackie clan?! I suppose it would be interesting to do a comparison with the Mackies, RCF's and Wharfdales back to back.

Neil.

Adam_F
29-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Were's the RCF and Mackie clan?! I suppose it would be interesting to do a comparison with the Mackies, RCF's and Wharfdales back to back.

RCF would be the clear winner, Mackie 2nd and Wharfedale 3rd.

If your ever near Birmingham I'll happily give you a demo of all 3 side by side, so you can see for yourself.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-06-2009, 08:56 PM
....or even hear for yourself.

Adam_F
29-06-2009, 09:04 PM
....or even hear for yourself.

:o

Yeah, I could switch them on too I guess :D

Sarahjovi
29-06-2009, 10:07 PM

Neil.

Sorry! I thought you asked if anyone else used Wharfdales:confused: ! However if you're talking other makes, I saw a Karaoke set up using the Bose L1 system at the weekend, quality all the way...... I asked the KJ to play The Prodigys Warrior Dance, as I thought the bass would sound great, but he turned it down! (I dont blame him) Awesome bit of kit though!

PS: I would have mackies, if my budget would have stretched to them at the time of purchase!

Starlight
30-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Sorry! I thought you asked if anyone else used Wharfdales:confused: ! However if you're talking other makes, I saw a Karaoke set up using the Bose L1 system at the weekend, quality all the way...... I asked the KJ to play The Prodigys Warrior Dance, as I thought the bass would sound great, but he turned it down! (I dont blame him) Awesome bit of kit though!

PS: I would have mackies, if my budget would have stretched to them at the time of purchase!

Hey Sarah!
Yeah, just in general really regarding who uses Wharfdales etc. Sorry if I've confused anyone :o

Adam, yeah I'll pop upto B'ham some time to hear your speakers nudge nudge wink wink! :D :beer1:

Best wishes,
Neil.

greyhead
30-06-2009, 05:05 PM
I run the Mackies passive , a set of S225's and a set of S215's, I live in the same town as you , come and listen to them sometime and be impressed.

womble
30-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Hey Sarah!
Yeah, just in general really regarding who uses Wharfdales etc. Sorry if I've confused anyone :o

Adam, yeah I'll pop upto B'ham some time to hear your speakers nudge nudge wink wink! :D :beer1:

Best wishes,
Neil.

A Midlands Karaoke meet up?

Starlight
30-06-2009, 11:17 PM
A Midlands Karaoke meet up?

Hey yeah, that's a good idea ;) :cool: :D :)

Best wishes,
Neil.

Starlight
30-06-2009, 11:47 PM
I run the Mackies passive , a set of S225's and a set of S215's, I live in the same town as you , come and listen to them sometime and be impressed.

Hey Bruce!
Great to see you mate :D Are these the speakers you were talking about in the Cat the other week, you bought them from Spain? Will have to make arrangements to listen to your Mackies :D :cool:

Send my love to Ronnie :D :p

Best wishes,
Neil.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Hey Bruce!
Great to see you mate :D Are these the speakers you were talking about in the Cat the other week, you bought them from Spain? Will have to make arrangements to listen to your Mackies :D :cool:

And perhaps you could sell him one of your lasers via PM too? Oh, no, you wouldn't do that as you aren't a retailer, are you?

Starlight
01-07-2009, 11:59 AM
And perhaps you could sell him one of your lasers via PM too? Oh, no, you wouldn't do that as you aren't a retailer, are you?

I'm not allowed to discuss my 'thing' as per your rules :D

Best wishes,

Neil.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm not allowed to discuss my 'thing' as per your rules :D

Best wishes,

Neil.

I know, which is why I mentioned it. Please don't PM my members making offers either. Thanks.

Starlight
01-07-2009, 12:05 PM
I know, which is why I mentioned it. Please don't PM my members making offers either. Thanks.

No problems :D ;) :) :beer1:

Best wishes,

Neil.