PDA

View Full Version : How do you out your moving heads?

kmssounds
01-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Recently just aquired a set of Martin Mac250's and just getting me head round programming the things! Got me first lesson 2moz!:)

Question is: How do you all display your mac's? I know lots hang them from horizontal truss but im wanting something new. We have previously rig hired and use to have them on the top of horizontal truss and prob wanting to go down that road.

How would I get clamps made to attach the macs to the top? Also anyone know of where I can get any cheap tri-lite truss? Need 2x 2 meter lenghts and 2x3meter lenghts.

Cheers all!

OllieJames
01-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Hello,

Although I don't own moving heads (yet), I have a friend that mounts his on top of verticle quad trussing with base plates & top plates. I think he's bolted the moving head to the top plate which is secured to the length of trussing.

kmssounds
01-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Hello,

Although I don't own moving heads (yet), I have a friend that mounts his on top of verticle quad trussing with base plates & top plates. I think he's bolted the moving head to the top plate which is secured to the length of trussing.

Do you know if he made the top plate himself or bought it?

Cheers for help!

Spirits High
01-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I have 4 imoves.

2 of them have hanging brackets permanently attached so they can go on the truss. The other 2 have no brackets fitted but carry them with me should I want to hang them.

Not sure how you'd go about mounting them on top. You'd need a pretty hefty base plate / platform type arrangement.

OllieJames
01-07-2009, 10:18 AM
I have 4 imoves.

:eek: :(

I'd love a couple of moving heads eventually.

Spirits High
01-07-2009, 11:10 AM
:eek: :(

I'd love a couple of moving heads eventually.

Funny thing is they hardly go out as I mainly do Weddings and they seem to prefer the more subtle LED stuff.

Have added a couple of letters to the thread title aswell. Don't think you wanted people to "out" their lights :D

Starlight
01-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Hello,

Yes, I do like the idea of vertical trussing and mounting the movers on top of the trussing - looks really classy :D

Best wishes,

Neil.

kmssounds
01-07-2009, 01:26 PM
if you go on my website we have had this set up before WITH plasmas on the verticle truss!!:eek:

Look through my pics on www.kms-sounds.com and you can see the set up we had! Base plates are easy to make as you can always use bass bins to sit on them to make them abit more sturdy!

It does look the dogs when its all done! Got 5 confirmed bookings left this year which will pay for all the set up so should be fully rigged soon!

Have a look on me website to see how our set up looks! Prob not the taste of you all as we play asian music lol! but never the less, it looks smart!

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-07-2009, 01:55 PM
The vertical truss looks great, especially when you light it sing truss warmers or led pars etc.

How big is the Asian music market, DJing wise? I must admit, I don't know anything about it. I have done a few Anglo-Indian weddings and got a few bhangra tunes, but I have little knowledge apart from that.

Perhaps you could tell us about the market, the kind of thing you do, the music and how generally an Asian party or wedding works and does it differ much from other functions.

I'd be really interested to learn about your market - perhaps you might like to start another thread?

Also, you could help with an Asian 'must have' top 10?

kmssounds
01-07-2009, 02:18 PM
The vertical truss looks great, especially when you light it sing truss warmers or led pars etc.

How big is the Asian music market, DJing wise? I must admit, I don't know anything about it. I have done a few Anglo-Indian weddings and got a few bhangra tunes, but I have little knowledge apart from that.

Perhaps you could tell us about the market, the kind of thing you do, the music and how generally an Asian party or wedding works and does it differ much from other functions.

I'd be really interested to learn about your market - perhaps you might like to start another thread?

Also, you could help with an Asian 'must have' top 10?

The best thing about asian functions is FREE EVERYTHING!!!! Free Booze, Free Food and you make alot of tips!

Our group is quite new at the moment so not getting booked as much as I was when I was in my previous group as they had 2/3 every month minimum!

Also Asian weddings are about being as good looking as possible so it costs us an arm and leg keeping up with new styles! But we can not compete with big acts as they have famous bhangra djs! But to be honest its all about reputation as it is with any business.

2 put it on scale, the largest gig we did had 4 plasmas 2 projectors, 6 mac 250's HK audio system back drop, and us djs along with little monitors in flight cases like on my website! Charged £2500! with around £600 in tips!

So overall we can make loads but theres alot to spend as everyone is trying to compete with everyone!

Bhangra top 10!!

I am not going to lie when I say this would change from week to week! No one really knows but bhangra music is massive! Im talking 20/30 albums released a week! If you wanted mp3 cd's with like 100 party tunes I could arrange?