PDA

View Full Version : X-Moves - flightcase thoughts/advice please

Jonny Boy
02-07-2009, 04:09 PM
I want to get a flightcase made for my 2 ADJ X-Moves. (Thinking from Swan after hearing the reviews here.)

My question is however, should I draw the spec so the polystrene packing that came in the original box just fits into an empty rectangular space inside the case (the packing, is, afterall, molded the the shape of the x-move!)

OR

should i make the interior measurements a bit bigger to put my own packing foam in the flightcase/request there is further padding to keep the X-move's moving head still in transit?

Better still - has anyone esle got x-moves that are cased up and what did you do (ie are the specs available for me to have a look at?)

Larry B Entertainment
02-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I think its always better to have foam lined cases, especially for moving heads as they offer more protection. So I would recommend designing the case to allow for foam inserts.

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Just ring Swan and ask them - they are the experts and will give you good advice.

Sean told me when I was buying my last two cases that the flightcases they make are generally well over spec'd for DJs who take things in and out of a van or car and aren't chucking cases in and out of planes and luggage holds, which is what flight cases are really made for.

DeckstarDeluxe
02-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I dont have the moving heads you mentioned but some acme i 7s that are a bit bigger and I have an protex case for them. Awesome case and like Darren said for doing what we do its "overspeced" for what it needs to do.

wensleydale
02-07-2009, 07:24 PM
i bought 2 12" cases from Swan and they are pretty much perfect -they'd need a bit of padding but i think any case would to "protect" the head.
think swan charged me about £35 each- i've actually just kept the polystyrene, gaffa'd it up to keep it together and keep the heads in this inside the case for a bit of extra protection.