PDA

View Full Version : The Available this weekend threads

Corabar Steve
04-05-2006, 04:06 PM
If you wish to post available dates in these threads, please note there is one thread for each region, only post in areas you are prepared to work & please only for the dates shown in the first post of the thread (as they will be cleared out every Monday)

Corabar Steve
04-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Just to reiterate, Post only the dates that you are available out of those shown in the first post of the thread.

Have a disco
04-05-2006, 06:03 PM
SSSSOOOOORRRRRRRYYYYY

was easier to list when not working other wise page full of dates over next 2 weeks LOL

Corabar Steve
04-05-2006, 06:06 PM
SSSSOOOOORRRRRRRYYYYY

was easier to list when not working other wise page full of dates over next 2 weeks LOLUm......

Just to reiterate, Post only the dates that you are available out of those shown in the first post of the thread.
Hello, would that not be when you are available?

Have a disco
04-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Did not see thread at start just saw beginning of title went to east midlands first oooops

And those Would BE THE DATES I am NOT available will pay attention next time

Surely Just one area for this would be better than all the regions we are all grown ups one would presume????

Corabar Steve
04-05-2006, 06:12 PM
100 lines for Mr Badger

I must pay attention to moderator's posts...... :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
04-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Quite frankly, I am so confused now... I thought from what you said Wabbit that you had posted up the days that you were working, now you're saying that it is the days not working - which is what you were asked to put in.

Which is it? :confused: :confused: :confused: and if it is the days that you are working, could you amend so that everyone is doing the same (will make life easier for everyone in the long run.

Don't worry about weekdays - we are just talking about weekends, ie the dates mentioned.

Have a disco
04-05-2006, 06:15 PM
DATES NOT AVAILABLE PUT DOWN AND HIGHLIGHTED THE WORD NOT

I must pay attention to moderators...... OH B***S TO IT

Corabar Entertainment
04-05-2006, 06:16 PM
My last post was being written same time as yours, so sorry for duplication
Surely Just one area for this would be better than all the regions we are all grown ups one would presume????We've been all over this and No - because we want to know quickly and easily where everyone is and where they cover (and not just 'National', or 'Anywhere, if the price is right' either!)

Corabar Steve
04-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Surely Just one area for this would be better than all the regions we are all grown ups one would presume????
Try reading this thread (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2085&page=1&pp=10) to see the reasoning behind separating it into areas.

It's not rocket science, check the area that the gig is in for anyone available

This thread was only opened to let people know what to post in the aformentioned regional sub-forums.

Corabar Steve
05-05-2006, 12:18 AM
It has been brought to my attention that you can't see the region in the "New Posts" section. When I do the first clear out, I will re-post the threads to include the titles so that the region is also included (unless another Mod or Admin can tell me how to change the title without re posting the whole message)

Corabar Entertainment
05-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Just one other thing, some of the Regions are quite large, so, as well as giving free dates, if people could also say what areas they cover in the "Available this weekend" threads for their chosen region(s), it would be a big help! :)

Please also keep those threads purely for listing the dates you are free - if there is a lot of 'chat' on there, it will defeat the object (ie, being able to see who may be free at a quick glance) Ta! :) :)

Ricesnaps
05-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Angela,

I wonder if it is possible to have the replies to these threads which aren't directly availability posts deleted to bring it back to where it should be?

Corabar Entertainment
05-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Yes - I was thinking about that; but on the other hand, it might be better to leave it for this round to get all the 'glitches' out. Then when Steve clears them out on a week Monday they will be chat free.... not sure which is best.

GalaxyEvents
05-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Can they be moved to a different thread? As they are rather valid points! :)

Corabar Entertainment
05-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Ok - I'm trying, but it is a bit of a process, may take a while and won't probably read too well when I'm done!

Wolfie
05-05-2006, 11:36 AM
just a brainwave from a webdesign perspective.. one for Richie to perhaps impliment

perhaps having a thread idea like this is a bad move. it just creates confusion. How about using a seperate message board off the forum to do the same idea. Something along similar lines to the bulletin board I put on the Reemicks website (http://www.reemicks.co.uk/mboard/mboard.php) for their petiton idea.

e.g. start a thread for each area then people can add availalability as reply threads & it's not just restricted to forum members. Plus it's easy to moderate/administrate

Corabar Entertainment
05-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Ok - I'm trying, but it is a bit of a process, may take a while and won't probably read too well when I'm done!Well that has been an unmitigated disaster!

I split the threads, and the posts disappeared the original places, and the new thread showed up..... but when I went to the new thread to merge them altogether, there's nothing there!!!!

So, in short..... all the 'chat' posts have disappeared! :mad:

Corabar Entertainment
05-05-2006, 11:44 AM
just a brainwave from a webdesign perspective.. one for Richie to perhaps impliment

perhaps having a thread idea like this is a bad move. it just creates confusion. How about using a seperate message board off the forum to do the same idea. Something along similar lines to the bulletin board I put on the Reemicks website (http://www.reemicks.co.uk/mboard/mboard.php) for their petiton idea.

e.g. start a thread for each area then people can add availalability as reply threads & it's not just restricted to forum members. Plus it's easy to moderate/administrateSurely whatever system we try is going to have teething problems as people get used to the system?

Wolfie
05-05-2006, 11:51 AM
true, but i was thinking along the lines of using it as a more flexible / more easy to control system so posts don't get buried in the forum. It could always be linked from the forum.. for example instead of having a forum that goes to a list of threads, it could divert to the listings of who/what is avaiable

also going back a step or two to the listing disco's in each area, have you seen this (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/sitemap.php)? It lists in area order, however it does still create that other problem i.e. the geography such as like i was saying yesterday that although I am listed in Stoke on trent I can also work in Stafford, Newcastle under Lyme etc as well as a few places that there are no shows listed for such as Crewe as they are only a few strides away.

Corabar Entertainment
05-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Once people know its there and get used to it, they will know exactly where to go if they need to find someone quickly, so I don't see any benefit personally in having it somewhere else - people would still have to know to go there, so IMHO it doesn't really matter where it is.

Steve has volunteered to clear out the previous week's posts every Monday morning, so that should keep it clean and tidy.

I do agree on the geography bit though - that's why Soundtracker & I have added the Counties covered to our signatures.... if people did something similar, surely it's job done?

Don't get me wrong, there are probably a lot better ways of doing it, but most will take some serious organisation: shall we just give this a go to see how it works and review it again in a month or so? During this time, we can see what the actual, working pitfalls are, and think about the best way forward that will resolve these problems. ??????????????????????

Corabar Steve
05-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Sounds like a plan to me

Have a disco
09-05-2006, 09:27 AM
May I make another suggestion may it be easier to have a tick box underneath our post rates saying dates free this week example using yours corbar

Age 38
Dates free this week:
Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri X Sat X Sun

we could then check our own boxes each week

Corabar Entertainment
09-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Your profile details are part of the basic program, so I doubt that would be possible

Have a disco
09-05-2006, 09:47 AM
worth investigating though. Remove our ages line, no one needs to know these

Wolfie
09-05-2006, 10:00 AM
that would mean re-writing the forum code from the inside. not impossible but probably impractical & more or less pointless as it may leave the site prone to hackers because quite frankly we won't know what we are doing with it as we didn't write the forum script, Jelsoft did, so they would have put code in that only they would understand & we'd only **** it up.

Corabar Entertainment
09-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Also, Jelsoft could possibly get a little 'upset' at you mucking about with their software!!! :omg: :)

Wolfie
09-05-2006, 11:19 AM
they do have hackers & modders (after all the arcade i a mod as is the last 10 posters) & there are plenty of people who are "allowed" to muck about with it on a 3rd party basis. However how they'd take a couple of people who know next to nothing about how the software is coded I can only imagine.

Think of the forum like a cake, We know how the forum works - but like a cake, you know how it's made & what from, but you don't know the orignal recipe & unless you know the recipe then you end up making a mess when you try to make improvements.. you can add things to it to make it look better such as icing & piping, but you still have to keep the orignal cake underneath.

Corabar Entertainment
16-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Might be better to post this in the apprpriate thread for your area Sean. This thread was purely discussing the area threads!

Corabar Steve
16-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I've moved it to the appropriate thread.

I'm locking this thread now to prevent it happening again