PDA

View Full Version : Par can DMX

ppentertainments
11-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I am a complete novice (probably know even less than a novice actually :D ) to DMX so please be gentle.

I have a small install to do and simply I want 4 par cans (or maybe even ledj colourburst), with the ability to leave them on a static colour, changeable when required, then sound to light later on.

The query is - what DMX controller would I need and what make of par cans would work with it?

Ideally I am looking at either stairville or colourburst cans as need to do this on the cheap as it is a simple install for a Workingmens Club.

Cheers

Excalibur
11-07-2009, 10:31 AM
KAM Parbar? All in one, £300?

Tom
11-07-2009, 11:17 AM
KAM Parbar? All in one, £300?

For a whole room???

Have you had a look at the thomann led par cans???

Not sure about the sound to light when DMX'd up but you could create some slow, medium and fast paced chases???

ppentertainments
11-07-2009, 12:14 PM
For a whole room???

Not sure about the sound to light when DMX'd up but you could create some slow, medium and fast paced chases???

I use Thomann cans for uplighting, but just use the dip switches to leave on static.

It is the controller to change these colours and then change to sound to light without the need to touch the cans I am stuck on.

Dynamic Entertainment
11-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Whats the budget Chris, and who's going to be operating the desk. A traditional desk with faders could really stump some "novice" users.

ppentertainments
11-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Whats the budget Chris, and who's going to be operating the desk. A traditional desk with faders could really stump some "novice" users.

For anyone to use. The club is paying and really needs to be as cheap as poss - you know what they are like :D :D Under £200 preferably.

Excalibur
11-07-2009, 01:41 PM
For a whole room???

I refer my honourable friend to the OP who asked for four par cans. I have suggested a rig containing just that, complete with controller. :p

For anyone to use. The club is paying and really needs to be as cheap as poss - you know what they are like :D :D Under £200 preferably.

Curses, over budget. :( :( :(

thex-faders
11-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Bought a couple of colourbursts and coverage is really good, DMX and also looking for a decent controller for when i get more.

Colourbusrst can be set on statics and have a sound to light feature which works really well ... or a fade through of ech colour.

I havent got a controller for them however?

DJ INDIE
12-07-2009, 03:48 PM
they do specific controllers for DMX cans to make things easier.

DONT get a complex one, unless you want a real headache!

types im talking about are such as these;

http://www.soundsavers.com/catalog/all-lighting-177/controllers-191/dmx-controllers-298/ledj-eco-par-lighting-controlled-led-dj-light-show-4191.html

i'll be getting one this week hopefully for some more uplighting work.