PDA

View Full Version : pcdj vj

sted
16-07-2009, 06:03 PM
hi need help i am at a gig and i am trying to open vj and this error code is coming up

invalid skin file(error line%i in the xml)

any help ?

sted
16-07-2009, 06:06 PM
sorry all fixed

Mark Wild
16-07-2009, 06:11 PM
or is it....... lol

sted
16-07-2009, 09:57 PM
been using vj for about 6 months ish and never had a problem but tonight i have had it crash on me twice and that error code at the begining of the night.

thinking of a change. any ideas?

visualdjmax
16-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Serato VSL or hardware!!!

sted
16-07-2009, 11:21 PM
hardware as i have just built my comp into a rack mounted case.

DJ James Lake
17-07-2009, 12:04 AM
The error code is because of a corrupt skin file thats all easy to fix by replacing the skin

sted
17-07-2009, 08:43 AM
i realised that but still want to change as i have got fed up with this has anyone ever used OTS AV PRO ???

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-07-2009, 09:28 AM
i realised that but still want to change as i have got fed up with this has anyone ever used OTS AV PRO ???

I've used the trial and don't like the interface, but everyone I know that uses it, says it is rock solid and never crashes.

sted
17-07-2009, 10:47 AM
cool might download the trail and see what it is like.

thanks for help

Silver
17-07-2009, 12:10 PM

Yes. I have licensed versions of Traktor, Mixmiester Fusion & video, Virtual dj and Ots.

Virtual dj I would never use live in a month of Sundays, I tried using it on three different PC's (not laptops) and every time, without fail it crashed when I played videos onto another screen. TERRIBLE!

Traktor is good. Mixmiester is great for mixing, if your mixing skills aren't up to for dance, house etc. then that [I]could [I] be a possibility.

Ots though, is the winner by a country mile, stable, solid, reliable and reassuring to use. The search facility is light years in front of any thing else available, stunning. The video mixing is really good. There are so many features to it with more expected in a new release not too far away.

You can download a trial version to give it a go and there is a promotion available for a fortnight should you go ahead and purchase.

The one downer, is the the time needed to convert to Ots files, edit, rate, assign to genres (you can assign multi genres to one track - that's brill! :) ). However once it's done, it's done for life.
:D

DazzyD
17-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I trialled OtsAV and didn't like the feel of it. Maybe I'd been using BPM too long to get used to it quickly but I moved on to Traktor and never looked back. I use Traktor solely for music DJ-ing and I am getting quite competent at laptop mixing (as opposed to using automix functions like I did for a long time).

Swift Elite is a good one especially for KJ/VJ work. I used it without problems but I do mostly audio-only work so, for now, I'm sticking with Traktor.

jamesh
17-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Yes. I have licensed versions of Traktor, Mixmiester Fusion & video, Virtual dj and Ots.

Virtual dj I would never use live in a month of Sundays, I tried using it on three different PC's (not laptops) and every time, without fail it crashed when I played videos onto another screen. TERRIBLE!
:D

Personally i say the opposite!

I've been using virtual DJ since version 3 back in the day when it looked like it was made by fisher price! and i've never had it crash once over the last few years - it's all down to how you set up you machine really (well a large majority of it anyway)...

I do own OTS AV and PCDJ and a few other products but i always come running back to VDJ...

Silver
17-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Personally i say the opposite!

I've been using virtual DJ since version 3 back in the day when it looked like it was made by fisher price! and i've never had it crash once over the last few years - it's all down to how you set up you machine really (well a large majority of it anyway)...

I do own OTS AV and PCDJ and a few other products but i always come running back to VDJ...

As all of us I can only speak from personal experience. I tried Virtual on three well over spec'd PC's and each time when I tried video overlay they froze and crashed. I spent about £80 on a high end video card for one of them as per Virtual's recommendation but that made no difference.

As I said it's all down to personal experiences. :D

sted
17-07-2009, 05:37 PM
thanks very much for all your help think i am going to give ots a go on the free download and see how i go.

thanks again.

Silver
18-07-2009, 10:51 AM
thanks very much for all your help think i am going to give ots a go on the free download and see how i go.

thanks again.
If you want any help PM me and we can have a chat on the phone :)

sted
18-07-2009, 03:29 PM
ok thank you that would be great.

welby
25-07-2009, 08:42 PM

Works for me no problem - using v6.01. With video you need buckets of ram and you need a very efficient codec. VOBs are very good to work with. You also need to check the latency of your laptop as performance is greatly affected if your latency has serious issues.

Ots though, is the winner by a country mile, stable, solid, reliable and reassuring to use. The search facility is light years in front of any thing else available, stunning. The video mixing is really good. There are so many features to it with more expected in a new release not too far away.

Great piece of software, but hate the mickey mouse interface. But I am told that they will be releasing a new version with a better interface soon. The search facility is very good since they got rid of the need to have all your tracks converted to OTS format. I am keeping an eye of this as I believe this will emerge as an even better piece of software.