PDA

View Full Version : For Sale items & Ebay

Dynamic Entertainment
19-07-2009, 06:41 PM
I know that this has probably been done before, but;

How about making a rule that people listing items for sale cannot link to an ebay listing.

I was under the impression that the whole idea of the "For Sale/wanted" section was to give members first refusal, and by implementiong this rule, prospective sellers can still get a sale, without paying ebay for the privilidge.

Granted there isnt the same "protection" whilst selling on the forum, but most folk here are decent guys/girls.

What do you think?

Mark Wild
19-07-2009, 06:58 PM
:agree: 100%

Spirits High
19-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I know that this has probably been done before, but;

How about making a rule that people listing items for sale cannot link to an ebay listing.

I was under the impression that the whole idea of the "For Sale/wanted" section was to give members first refusal, and by implementiong this rule, prospective sellers can still get a sale, without paying ebay for the privilidge.

Granted there isnt the same "protection" whilst selling on the forum, but most folk here are decent guys/girls.

What do you think?

Good idea,

However I think you'll find most people that list things for sale do so on here for about a week then if they get no joy they ebay it with a link just to let people know.

So for me aslong as it's posted on here first for a minimum of say 7 days before being listed ebay then that's ok.

Dynamic Entertainment
19-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Good idea,

However I think you'll find most people that list things for sale do so on here for about a week then if they get no joy they ebay it with a link just to let people know.

So for me aslong as it's posted on here first for a minimum of say 7 days before being listed ebay then that's ok.

That sounds like a good happy medium Paul :)

Vectis
19-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Have to say it narks me off no end when I see a for sale listing and click through to find a link to fleabay. That's when I almost invariably lose interest.

On the other hand complicating the rules is only going to mean work for mods so that's probably not gonna happen :p

Dynamic Entertainment
19-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Have to say it narks me off no end when I see a for sale listing and click through to find a link to fleabay. That's when I almost invariably lose interest.

On the other hand complicating the rules is only going to mean work for mods so that's probably not gonna happen :p

I too loose interest as soon as i see its ebay Martin.

It souldnt be any more work if people read the rules........but then again thats hard enough with whats inplace for some :bang:

Spirits High
20-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Just to let you know it's currently under disscussion as to how to work it with ebay links etc.

So keep watching ;)

Dynamic Entertainment
20-07-2009, 04:53 PM
:thumbs_up: :)

Shaun
20-07-2009, 10:06 PM

We'll let the forum members decide if the the rule should be implimented. I'll start a poll later for you to vote on the proposed rule implimentation.

If the rule is voted in favour, we'll add it as per Pauls suggestion. i.e. an ebay link may be added after one week.

BeerFunk
20-07-2009, 10:15 PM
I've mentioned it once or twice in the past, I agree that items should at least be offered to forum members first, before going on general auction elsewhere

wensleydale
01-09-2009, 02:04 PM
What was the outcome of the big Ebay debate- are we allowed to link to Ebay auctions anymore or not?

Shaun
01-09-2009, 02:40 PM
What was the outcome of the big Ebay debate- are we allowed to link to Ebay auctions anymore or not?

Yep, it's still allowed for the time being. No final decision was reached. Personally, I don't think we need to impliment a solid rule stating that ebay links aren't allowed.

I think a sticky in the 'For Sale section' outlining what we would prefer the members to do, rather than coming down heavy on them with extra rules. A 'code of conduct' of some sorts with regards to selling.

-------------------------------

If anyone has any suggestions to what should be included, please post them below.