PDA

View Full Version : Any one for classD

sprog
21-07-2009, 10:08 PM
I have to put a post on here for ClassD Speakers.

ClassD speakers are for anyone on a budget. They build their own speakers and come in very cheap indeed.
Now I know what the snobs are going to say Cheap :Censored: well no not in this case.

I have always been a believer in ”If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is”.
Well I have to say not in the case of classD. They claim on their web site to be as good as all the well known brands that are much more expensive, and if you don’t believe them go to their warehouse and take a listen in their demo room.

This is exactly what I did and I have to say I was blown away by the quality of the sound I heard, I flew from Northern Ireland to take a listen and purchased from them in the end.

I just thought I would spread the word for anyone on a budget; the company is based in Mansfield just past Derby. A reasonable drive for anyone living in England, and wanting to save money.

Here is their web address http://www.classd.ltd.uk/

I’m sure the Snobs will diss them but if you are on a budget for newcomers I think they are great.

And you don’t have to believe me go take a listen for yourselves

Spirits High
22-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Sprog,

You'll find the "search" facility a great thing as there are many many threads on Class D.

Also please refrain from using swear words in your post as this is a family forum. I've edited for you but please in future use the :Censored: smiley ;)

Excalibur
22-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks for that heads up, I may have to go and see for myself. I'm a bit closer than N.I. fortunately.

I had been considering some active Mackies for my rig, but I may hold off on that until after I've had a demo of these ones.

PS. Sprog, you may hold the distinction of being the only member on here who recently visited Class D without being referred there by me. ;) :D :D

In future dealings, you must use the magic word "Codhead". ;) ;) Another twelve recommendations, and I must qualify for a free gift. :D :D

Vectis
22-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Also please refrain from using swear words in your post as this is a family forum. I've edited for you but please in future use the :Censored: smiley ;)

... surprised the signature got through... :o :p

sprog
22-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Sprog,

You'll find the "search" facility a great thing as there are many many threads on Class D.

Hi Paul

Really sorry about the rude word I thought I would be ok replacing the letters with **. Now I know and will use :Censored: in future.
Still pretty new to this forum and still learning.

sprog
22-07-2009, 11:00 AM
... surprised the signature got through... :o :p

Whats wrong with my Signature?:confused: :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-07-2009, 12:03 PM
I have to put a post on here for ClassD Speakers.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :D

It's too big - have a read of the rules please. :)

Spirits High
22-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi Paul

Really sorry about the rude word I thought I would be ok replacing the letters with **. Now I know and will use :Censored: in future.
Still pretty new to this forum and still learning.

No drama, just take a little time to read the forum rules. They're there for everyones benefit ;)

It's too big - have a read of the rules please. :)

Nuff said, me thinks :D

notroubleclubber
22-07-2009, 02:34 PM
I still havent tried mine. I got the subs and 12" tops from that well known auction site from class d`s shop.

When they arrived ,the casings on 2 of the subs were slightly damaged.Not enough to send back but still. Also the poles to fit the tops on to the subs were very loose to the point where i felt the tops were unsafe and looked awful as they were sloping.
I still havent tried them out as waiting for leads to plug them in. i contacted the guys at class d via the auction site and had one reply to say they would get back to me .....and nothing since and thats about 2 months ago.

I havent heard them yet, but customer service id give 2/10.

Maybe im just a one off customer with a problem.

Corabar Steve
22-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Nothing now :sj:

CRAZY K
22-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks for that heads up, I may have to go and see for myself. I'm a bit closer than N.I. fortunately.

I had been considering some active Mackies for my rig, but I may hold off on that until after I've had a demo of these ones.

PS. Sprog, you may hold the distinction of being the only member on here who recently visited Class D without being referred there by me. ;) :D :D

In future dealings, you must use the magic word "Codhead". ;) ;) Another twelve recommendations, and I must qualify for a free gift. :D :D

Is it the 1st April???

:Laugh: :Laugh:

CRAZY K

ppentertainments
22-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :D

Have you not heard about Class-D Darren :D :D :D
Ask old 'Codhead' about them :p :p

Sprog - if you look at the equipment reviews there is a comprehensive report there as well as 100's of other posts.

MODS - do you think we need a class-d section :sofa:

Excalibur
22-07-2009, 05:32 PM
When they arrived ,the casings on 2 of the subs were slightly damaged.Not enough to send back but still. Also the poles to fit the tops on to the subs were very loose to the point where i felt the tops were unsafe and looked awful as they were sloping.I still havent tried them out as waiting for leads to plug them in. i contacted the guys at class d via the auction site and had one reply to say they would get back to me .....and nothing since and thats about 2 months ago.

I havent heard them yet, but customer service id give 2/10.

Maybe im just a one off customer with a problem.
Hmmmm, we haven't had that problem for at least two hours. ;) :D :D I'm working on it, I'll let you know.

Have you not heard about Class-D Darren :D :D :D
Ask old 'Codhead' about them :p :p

Sprog - if you look at the equipment reviews there is a comprehensive report there as well as 100's of other posts.

Sprog, there's probably more reviews and posts on that brand of speaker on here than all the rest put together. ;) :D :D

Chris, you little tinker! :eek: That's bordering on having a death wish if Mr Grumpy sees it. ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tony Scott
22-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Has anyone looked at Sprog's IP address to make sure it's not really Peter.....;) :D :D

Excalibur
22-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Has anyone looked at Sprog's IP address to make sure it's not really Peter.....;) :D :D

Cheeky git! :p :p Not guilty your honour, I'm not savvy enough to be able to do that. :o :o :o

Penfold42
22-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Nothing now :sj:

PMSL.....:D :D :D :D

Corabar Steve
22-07-2009, 10:50 PM
There's a room somewhere (Next to the Void one)

Charlie Brown
23-07-2009, 06:14 PM
I use them. I would recommend them. If I could "turn back time" as Cher would say :sj: then I would of brought a pair of Mackies.

Jiggles
23-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Shaun, put Class D into the swear filter! :sj:

ppentertainments
23-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I use them. I would recommend them. If I could "turn back time" as Cher would say :sj: then I would of brought a pair of Mackies.
Work in chilly venues do you ? :sofa:

Excalibur
23-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Work in chilly venues do you ? :sofa:

Chris, I'm ashamed of you. I'd have expected better of you. :no:

Next time, give me chance to post it, I only type slowly you know. ;) :D