PDA

View Full Version : Laser for Roadshow

kmssounds
22-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Wanting a green laser for my roadshow which will be powerfull enough to shine across around 100 metres. how powerfull will I need it to be and any suggesstions on what make?

Any ebay links?:)

Cheers Folks!"

Dynamic Entertainment
22-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Dont bother with ebay if you get a load of "Ship from China" because the diodes are generally useless.

It a guess i would say a a 60mW would be fine (i use 40mW to great effect), but the higher the power the more careful you have to be....

A1DL
22-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Wanting a green laser for my roadshow which will be powerfull enough to shine across around 100 metres. how powerfull will I need it to be and any suggesstions on what make?

why do you need it to cover 100 metres, Kaljit?
that's a considerable distance, in terms of mobile disco lighting.

Excalibur
22-07-2009, 06:26 PM
why do you need it to cover 100 metres, Kaljit?
that's a considerable distance, in terms of mobile disco lighting.

Dunno, it's only the usual distance from one side of my PA to the other. :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Dunno, it's only the usual distance from one side of my PA to the other. :confused:

:lol:

A1DL
22-07-2009, 06:45 PM

ahhh, good point Peter - I hadn't thought of that. He's probably a Peavey user in which case that's a good distance to site the dancefloor from the cabs :p :p :cool:

Excalibur
22-07-2009, 06:48 PM
ahhh, good point Peter - I hadn't thought of that. He's probably a Peavey user in which case that's a good distance to site the dancefloor from the cabs :p :p :cool:

For those relatively new here, please be aware that some of us are giving some very old and predictable in-jokes a run out. ;) ( Apart from Tony, who I'm beginning to think genuinely isn't Peavey's best customer. :confused: ) :D :D :D

kmssounds
23-07-2009, 08:47 AM
:hijack: :hijack: :hijack:

60mw?

I was thinkingof something around 200/400?

I want it powerfull as I have seen lots that require alot of smoke to make them even slightly good but dont want that as alot of the venues we play in now have no smoke policy!

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-07-2009, 11:11 AM
:hijack: :hijack: :hijack:

60mw?

I was thinkingof something around 200/400?

I want it powerfull as I have seen lots that require alot of smoke to make them even slightly good but dont want that as alot of the venues we play in now have no smoke policy!

Well you are wasting your time them, unless you are going for an animating laser. All scanning lasers require smoke to be at their best. It's a complete waste of money otherwise IMO.

OllieJames
23-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Well you are wasting your time them, unless you are going for an animating laser. All scanning lasers require smoke to be at their best. It's a complete waste of money otherwise IMO.

:agree:

IMO though the only laser that looks good with no smoke is the starcluster style ones.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-07-2009, 11:27 AM
IMO though the only laser that looks good with no smoke is the starcluster style ones.

Agreed, which is why I said...

All scanning lasers require smoke to be at their best.

:)

OllieJames
23-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Agreed, which is why I said..

Shhh :boxer2: :ner: :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Julian - I have moved your post to start a new thread to save hijacking this one.

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=21269

kmssounds
23-07-2009, 12:40 PM
cheers for help guys!

Anyone got where you can put your own txt onit?

tc1ooo
24-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Dont bother with ebay if you get a load of "Ship from China" because the diodes are generally useless.

I've had 4 Chinese lasers and they have all been great, touch wood!

The 2 other lasers I've bought that haven't been Chinese, are a Kam Starcluster 3D & a Purelight PL101, they have both gone wrong.

DeckstarDeluxe
24-07-2009, 08:28 PM
kam fscan 40. Awesome laser have a look for some videos on youtube

Starlight
24-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Anyone got where you can put your own txt onit?

Yeah, these are your best friends! (http://www.pangolin.com/) You'd need some software to enable you to produce custom laser text. You also need to make sure that your laser projector has ILDA installed too. You can even take the text feature 1 step further. Pangolin retail a brand new package that allows your audience to text you on your mobile and that text feeds into some kind of programme, the programme then exports it into your laser and you have their text message appear on the wall or whereever from your laser projector, very cool idea :cool:

Best wishes,

Neil.