PDA

View Full Version : pcdj vj problems

markdj60
25-07-2009, 02:29 AM
hi folks can anyone tell me if they use this program and if it crashes on them cause its really doing my head in now i need to no what it is thanks.

1st Choice Karaoke
25-07-2009, 02:46 AM
I can't help I'm afraid, but I do know 2 guys in my area hosting Karaoke nights with it and they have mentioned similar problems. Sometimes needing a re-boot of the lappy... sounds a bit unstable to me.

Jays karaoke
25-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Are you running any other music programmes alongside it because it really doesn't like it. I use PCDJ-VJ and found that if you have any other music programmes open at the same time it crashes.

It seems to have sorted it's self out now though, it did it for about a month and then just stopped doing it.

thex-faders
25-07-2009, 10:10 AM
We use VJ and your right it can crash but is generally fine for months on end then it will go down randomly.
I generally put it down to corrupt or mp3's not copied correctly onto laptop.

Luckily we have a spare laptop and CD's at all our gigs!

Also are you using it on vista or windows?

DJ James Lake
25-07-2009, 02:57 PM
The only crashes I ever had were a driver clash between the Denon controller and my Allen & Heath Xone 3d (sold the denon and no more probs).

And crashes when switching the tabs between audio/video/karaoke and all (a known bug never to be fixed as PCDJ dont make VJ anymore)

Look at buying Virtual DJ instead.

markdj60
25-07-2009, 04:52 PM
We use VJ and your right it can crash but is generally fine for months on end then it will go down randomly.
I generally put it down to corrupt or mp3's not copied correctly onto laptop.

Luckily we have a spare laptop and CD's at all our gigs!

Also are you using it on vista or windows?

im using it on vista

markdj60
25-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Are you running any other music programmes alongside it because it really doesn't like it. I use PCDJ-VJ and found that if you have any other music programmes open at the same time it crashes.

It seems to have sorted it's self out now though, it did it for about a month and then just stopped doing it.

no i only use this program, it hasnt done it for ages now.

markdj60
25-07-2009, 04:55 PM
The only crashes I ever had were a driver clash between the Denon controller and my Allen & Heath Xone 3d (sold the denon and no more probs).

And crashes when switching the tabs between audio/video/karaoke and all (a known bug never to be fixed as PCDJ dont make VJ anymore)

Look at buying Virtual DJ instead.

i used virtual dj last night when pcdj vj crashed on me and that went down on me to.

welby
25-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I use Virtual DJ 6.01 on Vista and doesn't usually crash...

but......

it will on finding corrupt CDG zip files ( always used native karaoke files as in a pair)

Using the mini effects tabs -especially video effects, crashes it but it doesn't if you use the main menu to get to the effects.

It's also worth checking your audio latency as I have found serious latency if certain services or devices are left running at the same time VJ is running. Have a look at this checker: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Apart from that, it does what it says on the tin. And unless someone can suggect a better alternative, all-round software package that matches or even surpasses it, step forward. :eek:

markdj60
27-07-2009, 05:31 PM
I use Virtual DJ 6.01 on Vista and doesn't usually crash...

but......

it will on finding corrupt CDG zip files ( always used native karaoke files as in a pair)

Using the mini effects tabs -especially video effects, crashes it but it doesn't if you use the main menu to get to the effects.

It's also worth checking your audio latency as I have found serious latency if certain services or devices are left running at the same time VJ is running. Have a look at this checker: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Apart from that, it does what it says on the tin. And unless someone can suggect a better alternative, all-round software package that matches or even surpasses it, step forward. :eek:

thanks alot ill give this a try, when i worked sat night it didnt crash once strange,i unticked the safe mode box and the override box it seemed to be alright.