PDA

View Full Version : Acme Dynamo 100w Versus LED Version?

welby
25-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi,

has anyone compared the Acme Dynamo 100W scanner to the LED version and to what differences there are, beside the obvious weight saving on the led version.

Just curious as I have been looking at a 4 pack 100W version for a while and can't decide which way to go.

Thanks.

deltic
26-07-2009, 12:12 AM
don't think the led ones have gobo's just dots

Dynamic Entertainment
26-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Yep, Andys Right, dots only for now in the LED ones :( - Bit pants IMO :)

DJWilson
26-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Dots are :Censored: :lol:

spin mobile disco
26-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Well I have the 4x 100 watts for sale andim just up the road I dont have the led ones fore sale :)
Just kidding I had a chance to see some of these they are unfortuatly not very good. Imagine the impossibled dots then you can move it around. Bright but very boring to be honest. The standard ones are far better or even the 250 watt version although I prefer the 100 watt version myself as the bulbs last longer and the brightness is not really much different between the 2.

ppentertainments
26-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Aha - you can now get LED dynamos with gobos in. I am suprised they have not been mentioned yet.

I visited my local dj shop last weekend and he had them on show. They did look really good in the shop but the price tag of £215 each (I think) may put a lot of people off.

As for dots - stay clear imo.

CRAZY K
26-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Well I have the 4x 100 watts for sale andim just up the road I dont have the led ones fore sale :)
Just kidding I had a chance to see some of these they are unfortuatly not very good. Imagine the impossibled dots then you can move it around. Bright but very boring to be honest. The standard ones are far better or even the 250 watt version although I prefer the 100 watt version myself as the bulbs last longer and the brightness is not really much different between the 2.

I agree with Matt, the lamps ( keeping Darren happy ;) ) last a long time and I have only lost one out of four since I bought the 100w dynatwins.

They were probably weakened a couple of years ago when they got smashed into the floor :eek:

I think a mixture of LED and conventional lamps gives a good balance.

And then theres lasers:D

CRAZY K

OllieJames
26-07-2009, 09:57 AM

http://www.ugo.com/movies/oj-simpsons-criminal-masterminds/images/dr-evil.jpg

:D :D

Excalibur
26-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Until the LED fixtures get gobos and a lower price, my vote is mixture of Filament/LED. What ratio is the tricky bit. :confused:

Dynamic Entertainment
26-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I agree with Matt, the lamps ( keeping Darren happy ;) ) last a long time and I have only lost one out of four since I bought the 100w dynatwins.

They were probably weakened a couple of years ago when they got smashed into the floor :eek:

I think a mixture of LED and conventional lamps gives a good balance.

CRAZY K

Which are 4.9mW and a bit tat if i remember rightly (called Emerald scans i think) :)

spin mobile disco
26-07-2009, 01:00 PM
yeah they seem to like the acme casings and like to experiment with what they put inside it. Not a bad idea as I quite like the dynamo housing they use. But I think maybe if they used the gogo led arrangment like the
american dj x-moves or similar they may have more success in the marketing.
If they had a decent 20watt led with good optics and gobos in the standard housing to match the others in the range like the dynamos and dynarocks I would definatly upgrade to them. Hope your listening acme and prolight :)

DeckstarDeluxe
26-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Aha - you can now get LED dynamos with gobos in. I am suprised they have not been mentioned yet.

I visited my local dj shop last weekend and he had them on show. They did look really good in the shop but the price tag of £215 each (I think) may put a lot of people off.

As for dots - stay clear imo.

Got a link just googled it and all that comes up with ones with dots in that are about £80 per fixture.

Dynamic Entertainment
26-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Ive had a look on prolights website and cant find an led one with gobos anywhere on the site :confused:

WWDJ
26-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Here you go ... it's called the Genesis Scanner
http://prolight.co.uk/item/ledd01/

Until they start bringing them out with rotating replaceable gobos i'm not going to bother. i'll stick my trusty EVL Pro Scan 150s thanks.

Dynamic Entertainment
26-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Cheers Dave. :beer1:

spin mobile disco
26-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Ah just what I was saying :) glad they listened fast work guys :) Wonder how they look at distance compared to the 100 watt versions.