PDA

View Full Version : Music want list........

DeckstarDeluxe
01-08-2009, 06:27 PM
I know these were more popular when we used vinyl but I have a list of a few songs that Ive never been able to download and I was wondering is there a chance of a section you can add songs to an collective "want list" then if someone comes up with the answer they can post the source? This way as well it allows other people to scan the list and find songs they weren't activity looking for but allows them to download too.

Before anyone asks Ive used google and the few sites that I have memberships for.

BeerFunk
01-08-2009, 06:54 PM
That's a very good idea, there seem to be a lot of threads asking for download sources for rare tracks - a section or thread could be good.

DeckstarDeluxe
03-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Also thinking today as well as maybe a section for reviews of music sites and/or promo cds?

visualdjmax
03-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I know these were more popular when we used vinyl but I have a list of a few songs that Ive never been able to download and I was wondering is there a chance of a section you can add songs to an collective "want list" then if someone comes up with the answer they can post the source? This way as well it allows other people to scan the list and find songs they weren't activity looking for but allows them to download too.

Before anyone asks Ive used google and the few sites that I have memberships for.

Sorry mate. I actually thought that you were going to list the tracks - you teese!!!!!!

DeckstarDeluxe
03-08-2009, 03:57 PM
village people - mancho man
Luke gossip junior? - love lift me up
Song called nothing is going to stop us now
Classic rock song "take it easy"
Dexy midnight runners - jackie wilson said
aqua - doctor jones
Glen Frey - The Heat is On.
To prove your love - Ed Doheny
Six Million Steps - Rhani Harris
Prance On - Eddie Henderson
Ain't no need - Skye
Back in stride again - Maze
Turn the music up - The Players Association
Southern Freeze - Southern Freeze
Space bass - Slick
New Jersey Connection - Love don't come easy
D Train - You're the one for me
Second image - Any of their stuff
Skipworth and Turner - Thinking about your love.
Mystic Merlin "Just cant give You Up"
De Ja Vu - Paulinho Da Costa
eddie rosemond wake up and move funk it.

Ask and you shall receive!

visualdjmax
03-08-2009, 04:31 PM
You little 80's soul boy you.

DeckstarDeluxe
03-08-2009, 05:01 PM
You little 80's soul boy you.

This is the amazing thing though, they are all suggestions in a music thread I have no real idea what they sound like :D

The ones that I did download are awesome mind!

Danno13
03-08-2009, 05:04 PM
aqua - doctor jones

On their album, which you can pick up for pennies in charity shops (Embarassingly, I own a copy!)

Pretty sure I have both of these on the DMC Funk boxset. Or it could be the Soul, Funk & Disco one.

BeerFunk
03-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Song called nothing is going to stop us nowStarship??

Classic rock song "take it easy"Has to be The Eagles - the greatest hits is a must-buy IMO (and is apparently the biggest selling album of all time)

aqua - doctor jones'Now... 40' I think, but I'd highly recommend you snap up this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Various-Artists-The-All-Time-Greatest-Pop-Album-C_W0QQitemZ290336291817QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDV Ds_CDs_CDs_GL?hash=item4399643be9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) - very handy to have!

Glen Frey - The Heat is On.Usually fairly easy to find, I think I have it on Drivetime Vol. 2. Insanely annoying song.

rob1963
03-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Skipworth and Turner - Thinking about your love.

Whoaaaa...top choons, Deckstar. Respect!

A number of vinyl singles of Prance on are available on ebay, but I've not been able to locate a download or CD version.

Back in stride is on itunes (7" and 12" versions...take your pick!).

I have the 12" version of Turn the music up on a (probably long deleted) compilation CD called "The best of 12" gold" (Volume 11)

Southern Freeez is on itunes.

Love don't come easy is one of my fave tunes from the early eighties. I haven't found a download or version on CD, but there are some 12" singles on ebay.

You're the one for me is on itunes.

Second Image were one of my fave bands from the early 80's. I can't find anything on download or CD, but a number of their vinyl singles are on ebay.

Again, nothing on download or CD for Thinking about your love or just can't give you up, but a number of vinyl singles on ebay.

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Skipworth and Turner is on Pure Groove - The Classics (http://www.discogs.com/Various-Pure-Groove-The-Classics/release/275274)

DeckstarDeluxe
03-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Nice one fellas. Looks like Im going to set up an itunes account tonight.

Just out of interest do you think this idea may be a goner?

rob1963
04-08-2009, 12:32 AM
For anyone who likes classic funk & doesn't know "Love don't come easy" by the New Jersey Connection, check it our below. Pure class.

YouTube - New Jersey Connection - Love Don't Come Easy

DeckstarDeluxe
04-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Starship??

Has to be The Eagles - the greatest hits is a must-buy IMO (and is apparently the biggest selling album of all time)

'Now... 40' I think, but I'd highly recommend you snap up this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Various-Artists-The-All-Time-Greatest-Pop-Album-C_W0QQitemZ290336291817QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDV Ds_CDs_CDs_GL?hash=item4399643be9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) - very handy to have!

Usually fairly easy to find, I think I have it on Drivetime Vol. 2. Insanely annoying song.

Starship is the song that Im thinking of but the 30 second clip doesnt quite sound right almost like its a cover? No female vocal on it either which I remember?

Ok checked another search result on itunes which was from the top gun ost and sounds spot on.

visualdjmax
04-08-2009, 08:14 PM
For anyone who likes classic funk & doesn't know "Love don't come easy" by the New Jersey Connection, check it our below. Pure class.

YouTube - New Jersey Connection - Love Don't Come Easy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7QJdQIdmJI)

Love It, Love It, Love It. Then again I love Soul I suppose.

rob1963
04-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Love It, Love It, Love It. Then again I love Soul I suppose.

Me too!

:thumbsup:

DeckstarDeluxe
04-08-2009, 11:09 PM

Song called nothing is going to stop us now

Dexy midnight runners - jackie wilson said
aqua - doctor jones

On itunes incase anyone was wondering...

rob1963
04-08-2009, 11:14 PM
On itunes incase anyone was wondering...

Along with over 10 million other songs.

Looks like you've discovered a whole new world, deckstar.

:D

DeckstarDeluxe
10-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks for your help guys. Looks like the ones left are only on vinyl....

To prove your love - Ed Doheny
Six Million Steps - Rhani Harris
Ain't no need - Skye
Space bass - Slick
De Ja Vu - Paulinho Da Costa
eddie rosemond wake up and move funk it

BeerFunk
10-08-2009, 04:55 PM

Space bass - SlickI have that on this quality compilation (http://www.discogs.com/Various-12-Disco-Classics/release/1435634).

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Back in stride again - Maze (Pure Groove - The Classics)
Southern Freeze - Southern Freeze (Rhythm Divine)
Mystic Merlin "Just cant give You Up" (Hits of the 80s)

funksoulbrother
05-02-2010, 04:40 PM
A lot of those are SERIOUS TOONAGE , they are forgotten classics that need to be aired again. Have a look on Amazon, type in Disco Sessions in the search and you will probably come up with a double cd with 23 classic tunes on it for only £7.99 with free post. Then also trawl through their recommended lists, some only a couple of quid, most probaly you will end up like me having a Wish List of at least 30 or 40 cd's. MAY THE FUNK BE WITH YOU!!!!!:cool: ;)

DeckstarDeluxe
05-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Starship is the song that Im thinking of but the 30 second clip doesnt quite sound right almost like its a cover? No female vocal on it either which I remember?

Ok checked another search result on itunes which was from the top gun ost and sounds spot on.

finally found out what tune it was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=mIjZE4kcg_Q

song was called slow ride :D

jeff wood
05-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Southern Freeze is by Freeez is that helps ???

note three "e"s

:)

NKR
05-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Have you tried doing a search of the date of each song then going on Amazon to look up the relevant now album.

I bought Now 53 last night for 1p as I need a track off it.

I have three copies of Aqua Doctor Jones as I found out as I started ripping. The shame of it.

Kev does Eagles take it easy as set one opener. Again look for second hand CD's on Amazon for buttons.

EDIT - Will obviously only work for more modern tunes if looking for now albums - ie Doctor Jones, but same principal applies for all sorts of stuff on Amazon. The second hane CD retailers have all sorts.

Corabar Entertainment
05-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Isn't it totally normal for DJs to spend hours scouring the 2nd hand CDs in charity shops and car boot sales then? From my experience of DJs, that's where all shopping trips end up! :lol:

(Joking aside, they've picked up some gems from there)

NKR
05-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Isn't it totally normal for DJs to spend hours scouring the 2nd hand CDs in charity shops and car boot sales then? From my experience of DJs, that's where all shopping trips end up! :lol:

That is how we used to do it old school. You can do that on Amazon now. Saves a load of time, but you miss the trips out.

DazzyD
05-02-2010, 10:54 PM

Amen to that, Sister!

But still keep looking at 7Digital!