PDA

View Full Version : Remove Strobing From ACME Dynamo's

SC Events
06-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi All,

I am doing 25th party next month and the person that has booked me has told me that 2 of her guests or slightly epileptic.

She said that the occasional strobe isn't a problem, but continuous strobing is.

I don't want to take any chances, so is there anyway I can still have my ACME Dynamo's on sound-to-light mode but remove the strobe effect?

Thanks,

Scott.

OllieJames
06-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes, by pressing the 'mode' button on a CA-8 so the red LED stays on.

Or run them DMX.

SC Events
06-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Cheers Ollie, to tell you the truth, I've never used the CA-8 Controller, I just let them run and switch them off at the light switch panel.

The Instructions (yup, I'm the only man who has probably read instructions :D) said that you had to plug the controller into the Dynamo that has the flashing green light or something???

OllieJames
06-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Cheers Ollie, to tell you the truth, I've never used the CA-8 Controller, I just let them run and switch them off at the light switch panel.

The Instructions (yup, I'm the only man who has probably read instructions :D) said that you had to plug the controller into the Dynamo that has the flashing green light or something???

Yeah, the light that is set as master, is the light you plug the controller into.

SC Events
06-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Is the CA-8 any good?

CRAZY K
06-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Yes, by pressing the 'mode' button on a CA-8 so the red LED stays on.

Or run them DMX.

And if you push the wrong button:bang:

I love my Dynatwins but on this event I wouldnt use them because the effect even without strobing can be quite dramatic as they are after all scanners and if anything goes wrong guess who will get ten tons of :Censored: all over them?

Do yourself a favour and take non strobing effects then you dont have to worry and have the perfect defence if someone has a go at you.

No lasers either.

You cant be too careful these days:eek:

CRAZY K

andyw
06-08-2009, 03:54 PM
plug the ca8 into the master light(dipswitch 1 controls this function)
the stand by button(top) turns the lights on and off
the mode button (bottom) gives 3 different speeds these are indicated by the red light beside the button
light on is the slowest with no strobing
light off is the middle speed but do strobe
flashing light is fastest with more strobing again

the function button(middle) when pressed moves the light to the next pattern so if you are on the fastest mode and it starts to strobe press the function button and it skips into something else

so you can use the faster modes and bypass the strobing when it starts but i would keep them on slow mode for your night as you have been warned of the possiblities of someone with epilepsy

SC Events
06-08-2009, 04:27 PM
plug the ca8 into the master light(dipswitch 1 controls this function)
the stand by button(top) turns the lights on and off
the mode button (bottom) gives 3 different speeds these are indicated by the red light beside the button
light on is the slowest with no strobing
light off is the middle speed but do strobe
flashing light is fastest with more strobing again

the function button(middle) when pressed moves the light to the next pattern so if you are on the fastest mode and it starts to strobe press the function button and it skips into something else

so you can use the faster modes and bypass the strobing when it starts but i would keep them on slow mode for your night as you have been warned of the possiblities of someone with epilepsy

Cheers Andy,

Do I have to set my dipswitches on the other scanners to anything particular? Or, will it work without changing them (I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to DMX):

Dynamo 1: 1 - 4
Dynamo 2: 5 - 8
Dynamo 3: 9 - 12
Dynamo 4: 13 - 16

Jiggles
06-08-2009, 04:30 PM
So long as you have dip one on, on the first dyna thats all you need. Then dip 10 inverts that dyan this doesn't work on the master dyna. HTH

andyw
06-08-2009, 04:33 PM
there's been a few threads on them in the past so do a search(sorry i haven't got time now)
but basically no1 dip swith is master so have that one on the one you plug the ca8 in and the others all lights have this one off, dip swith 10 is reverse so that makes any light with that one on do the opposite to the rest