PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question?

sted
06-08-2009, 09:46 PM
hi this may be stupid and in the wrong section but,

am about to change my computer from the tower to a 4u rack mounted case as there anything i need to aware of when taking it apart etc dont want to loose anything on it you see.

any help would be great

thanks

ste

BeerFunk
06-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I doubt you'll encounter any real problems, the biggest task is moving the motherboard. These days, motherboards are more clearly labelled and set out, whereas in the past it could be a bit of a nightmare connecting up the power, LED, speaker and reset wires.

sted
06-08-2009, 11:13 PM
anyone any experience at this.

what tools might i need?

Tom
06-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Danno could be your best bet on this as I believe he uses a rackmount pc for dj use.

BeerFunk
07-08-2009, 02:20 PM
anyone any experience at this.

what tools might i need?Yes, a small Phillips, possibly pliers and cable ties, and an anti-static pad... hold on, why am I bothering, if you didn't even acknowledge my first post? :confused:

sted
07-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Yes, a small Phillips, possibly pliers and cable ties, and an anti-static pad... hold on, why am I bothering, if you didn't even acknowledge my first post? :confused:

sorry mate.
wasn't meant to be rude at all.

thanks for your help going to try and change over tomorrow

Shaun
07-08-2009, 08:30 PM
hi this may be stupid and in the wrong section but,

If you think it may be in the wrong section, take a few extra minutes to look through the forum sections to ensure you are posting in the most relevant place.

I've moved the topic for you, but please double check before posting next time.

sted
07-08-2009, 08:46 PM
sorry

Shaun
07-08-2009, 08:50 PM
No worries. The info was just for future reference. :beer1:

BeerFunk
07-08-2009, 08:51 PM
sorry mate.
wasn't meant to be rude at all.

thanks for your help going to try and change over tomorrowOK, no problem. I've done this a million times, so if there's anything you're stuck with, just give the shout (and I'm sure there are loads of other members here who can help too) :)

sted
08-08-2009, 01:15 PM
ok well it seems like it wont fit in the case

aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhh!

Excalibur
09-08-2009, 07:03 AM
ok well it seems like it wont fit in the case

aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhh!

It can be a question of various things. Physical size of the motherboard, or just that there are different mounting holes for different motherboards.

sted
09-08-2009, 05:44 PM
the motherboard is too big :(

Excalibur
09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
the motherboard is too big :(

Ah. As problems go, that's high on the list of tricky ones. :( Your case may have screw holes marked with legends like "ATX", or "Micro ATX" or similar. This would indicate which boards fit it. Don't expect more help from me, we're up to the full extent of my knowledge. :o :o

May help.
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/mbsys/mobo/form.htm

sted
09-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Ah. As problems go, that's high on the list of tricky ones. :( Your case may have screw holes marked with legends like "ATX", or "Micro ATX" or similar. This would indicate which boards fit it. Don't expect more help from me, we're up to the full extent of my knowledge. :o :o

May help.
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/mbsys/mobo/form.htm

thanks very much for all your help.