PDA

View Full Version : Help acme light not bright

Rowleys
15-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Help I got a acme dyanmo well 4 of them and the one blub is reall dull I just changed and still

Anyone no this problem and how do I fix

Thanks

discomobiledj
15-08-2009, 07:56 PM
English?

DeckstarDeluxe
15-08-2009, 08:07 PM
give it a few drinks lol

Nah if you changed the bulb and its still not giving out "proper" light then its not a bulb issue. Might be a loose connection but other than that your going to be stuck tonight.

Rowleys
15-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Sorry I'm on my iPhone at a party and light look crap

any idea how I can make it brite

discomobiledj
15-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Sorry I'm on my iPhone at a party and light look crap

any idea how I can make it brite

:bang: FFS. :bang:

I thought you sold your iPhone? Not very good delivery service.

A1DL
15-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Help I got a acme dyanmo well 4 of them and the one blub is reall dull I just changed and still

Anyone no this problem and how do I fix

Thanks

try putin a lamp innit insted of blub n it mite be bryta like y'nowhatimean?

Charlie Brown
15-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Cut him a bot of slack and help him...

DJWilson
15-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Change the lamp with another new one, if that doesnt work, a connection problem.

discomobiledj
15-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Cut him a bot of slack and help him...

There's only so many times you can post without checking your grammar and spelling.

Apart from that he's doing a disco and checking the forum at the same time :eek: :eek: Oh so professional.

DeckstarDeluxe
15-08-2009, 09:17 PM
There's only so many times you can post without checking your grammar and spelling.

Apart from that he's doing a disco and checking the forum at the same time :eek: :eek: Oh so professional.

How do you know whats going on at his gig? Might be playing background music to a sit down dinner. He might have a roadie working the decks?

Charlie Brown
15-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Oh so professional.

Exactly what I'm doing now....

....The clients sitting, eating Chinease don't seem to think I'm unprofessional...

Rowleys
16-08-2009, 06:45 AM

You make me Laugh so hard its unbelievable

if you must no it was eating time bit of low back ground music while i look at this light. So thank for all your help. I don;t even think one of your posts was anything to do with the light so thanks for spamming the forum..

"Oh so professional"

Must be doing something right booked Nealy every week you not working to night ??

Exactly what I'm doing now....

....The clients sitting, eating Chinease don't seem to think I'm unprofessional...

Thanks charlie brown for backing me up

hmm so what a football mannager is on his phone check out some other results there not professional.. you see then all the time on there phones

discomobiledj added to my block list

discomobiledj
16-08-2009, 09:06 AM
you not working to night ??

I have been working all day actually.

discomobiledj added to my block list

Do I care? It would just be nice if you could actually write a post in English once in a while.

DazzyD
16-08-2009, 10:57 AM
First of all, dim bulbs equate to several potential problems:

1. It could be a duff bulb or even the wrong wattage or type of bulb. Are you using a 100w lamp when it should be 250? Try another bulb in (with the correct wattage for your fitting) and see if it makes a difference. If this corrects the problem, then it's the bulb.

2. Faulty/loose connection. This could be a loose wire, loose/dry solder joint, or a slack lamp holder. Is the bulb steadily dull or is it flickering? If you're not up to spec on fault-finding get an electrician to have a look at it.

3. Faulty power supply. Is the power unit supplying the correct voltage to the light? Again, get a sparky to take a look.

All things considered, it's most likely a lamp issue but, as you don't seem confident with fault-finding, my advice would be to let a professional take a look as you could do more harm than good if you go poking around inside it without knowing what you're doing.

try putin a lamp innit insted of blub n it mite be bryta like y'nowhatimean?

:rofl:

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-08-2009, 11:54 AM

While I agree, it is not your place to say so. You are starting to do this too often and you are coming over as rather rude. Please leave that to me. :sj:

Seriously though, you are not a mod or admin, so please leave these matters to us.

Excalibur
16-08-2009, 11:59 AM
While I agree, it is not your place to say so. You are starting to do this too often and you are coming over as rather rude. Please leave that to me. :sj:

Seriously though, you are not a mod or admin, so please leave these matters to us.

The way you have posted that seems to imply that rudeness is your sole perogative. I'm sure you didn't mean that. ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Actually, I've just read the smilie. Perhaps you did. :o :o

Rowleys
16-08-2009, 12:20 PM
OK my thread has being flamed & spammed is there anyway i can remove all the posts

Anyway

the light don't flicker or anything its 250watt bulbs i tried 2 bulbs and the same

when i look underneath the light you can see the bulbs is dull compared to the others

i am think its a power fault with the light.

DeckstarDeluxe
16-08-2009, 12:23 PM
OK my thread has being flamed & spammed is there anyway i can remove all the posts

Anyway

the light don't flicker or anything its 250watt bulbs i tried 2 bulbs and the same

when i look underneath the light you can see the bulbs is dull compared to the others

i am think its a power fault with the light.

You swapped them with a bulb that works in one of the other units??

DJ Jules
16-08-2009, 12:34 PM
1. It could be a duff bulb or even the wrong wattage or type of bulb. Are you using a 100w lamp when it should be 250? Try another bulb in (with the correct wattage for your fitting) and see if it makes a difference. If this corrects the problem, then it's the bulb.

It could also be a "cheaper" bulb. I've had fun with both the 100w and the 250w ELC type fittings (A1/232 and A1/259). The Philips and Osram bulbs are considerably brighter than Soundlab and other cheaper makes (especially if you use the old trick of using 15v/150w lamps in place of 12v/100w lamps to get slightly longer lasting lamps).

This could also have possibly been an optics problem (e.g. gobo wheel or shutter partially obstructing the light path or bulb holder out of alignment) but if the lamp looks dimmer than the others then it's going to be electrical (or the lamp itself).

Julian

DazzyD
16-08-2009, 02:26 PM
It could also be a "cheaper" bulb. I've had fun with both the 100w and the 250w ELC type fittings (A1/232 and A1/259). The Philips and Osram bulbs are considerably brighter than Soundlab and other cheaper makes (especially if you use the old trick of using 15v/150w lamps in place of 12v/100w lamps to get slightly longer lasting lamps).

I agree about the make being a factor but you shouldn't be using this "trick" as you put it for safety reasons. Wattage is interchangeable in a fitting but voltage is not. You should use the correct voltage rated lamp for your fitting. This has been discussed on the forum before.

This could also have possibly been an optics problem (e.g. gobo wheel or shutter partially obstructing the light path or bulb holder out of alignment) but if the lamp looks dimmer than the others then it's going to be electrical (or the lamp itself).

Julian

I haven't seen the Dynamos up close but I would think that at that price they would have an auto-changing gobo wheel so this should be an obvious cause.

I think Rowley should get it checked out properly. For safety's sake if nothing else.

discomobiledj
16-08-2009, 02:43 PM

I offer my apologies to the mods and admin on here. I love helping people but when someone just constantly posts on the forum with no concern for spelling or grammar it just annoys me. I know that no one is perfect and the odd slip of the finger is going to happen! But when it's the same person everytime doing it, and to be honest, I've just ignored it so many times before, you spend more time deciphering the message than actually replying to it.

Rowleys
16-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm gonna see if i have an warranty on the light see if i can send it back

also the bulbs i have got are the Phillips one 7 pound each

welby
18-08-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm gonna see if i have an warranty on the light see if i can send it back

also the bulbs i have got are the Phillips one 7 pound each

If it's out of warranty you have two choices:

Take it to a reputable repair center - or - repair it yourself.

It depends how confident you are in electrical fault finding.

If you don't have the required skills I would leave well alone.

If you have the skills I would recommend looking at what voltage you have across the bulb holder. It should be 24V. If it is 24V then you need to look at the circuit that is supplying the 24V to see if the current is dropping off when the bulb is in circuit.

With lighting equipment dry joints are plentiful because of the hot and dusty conditions your lights operate under. These dry joints can cause this dimming effect.

Just a few pointers, but I must stress if you don't know what you are doing leave well alone and get professional help.