PDA

View Full Version : OTS AV & MAYA 44 USB Issue

DJ Frankie
17-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi Folks

I have connected an external Maya 44 USB external sound card to my laptop and the sound is amazing with Ots AV, the only problem I have found is that when ever I open the search box and drag it around the screen when the music is playing it makes the music jump which it didnt prior to plugging in the card.

Is there a way around this or should I lose the soundcard and continue as before????

Frankie

deltic
17-08-2009, 01:31 PM
which drivers have you loaded with the soundcard? the aiso ones that came with it or the windows driver.

if you used the aiso ones uninstall them then plug your soundcard in and let windows find it and install the drivers.

DJ Frankie
17-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi Deltic

Yes I downloaded the driver from the Maya website, will try what you have said tonight. Thanks buddy.

Jiggles
17-08-2009, 02:17 PM
I would update your graphics drivers as well.

welby
20-08-2009, 12:27 PM
I gave up on OTS AV - I couldn't get it to work with my DACIII. You have to load a virtual Midi engine before you can connect to any midi device. Only thing is the software they recommended wouldn't work if you had more than 3 HID devices on your laptop.

Whereas Virtual DJ has all the midi control built in.

djsteve10
20-08-2009, 12:33 PM
I am sure there will be an update out for OTSAV soon where it will have Midi control built in.

welby
21-08-2009, 07:56 AM
I am sure there will be an update out for OTSAV soon where it will have Midi control built in.

Lets hope so because the video quality is outstanding compared to Virtual DJ and the support is much better than VJ in my opinion.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Lets hope so because the video quality is outstanding compared to Virtual DJ and the support is much better than VJ in my opinion.

I'm not sure how you can say the video quality is better in OTS? Surely that depends what you are ripping at?

welby
21-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure how you can say the video quality is better in OTS? Surely that depends what you are ripping at?

Darren I played the same file in both VJ and OTSav and OTSav displayed better than VJ.

With VJ there is a slight blur to the edges of the video. With OTSav there is not any visable blurring.

I use VJ and use VOBS and havent had one single complaint about the video.

Just an opinion.