PDA

View Full Version : People using Vista and IE8??

DeckstarDeluxe
17-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Anyone had any issues with it crashing and closing tabs/windows. Happeaned loads of times in the last couple of days and because it seems abit "cloak and dagger" about when it updates etc.. Im not sure if its because of that or I have a more local issue? Before I go reinstalling my browser I just wondered if anyone using vista and ie had the same problem?

SORRY!! mine is IE8 not 7! Could a mod change title sorry :(

Tis done ;)

Spirits High
17-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I've got a drama with it where if you aren't active in the tab for a while it won't react. Have been having to launch explorer again to get it going and in some cases restart the pc :eek:

I did upgrade to ie 8 but uninstalled as it wasn't recognised / supported by some sites (mainly banking ones)

DJWilson
17-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Im on Vista/IE8 and it just crashes when it gets bored it seems, open tab, crashes, close the tab, **Windows looks for fix the issue** Then Explorer at the bottom freezes and disappears for a mo then re shuffles my MSN, iTunes + other programs that are open!

Dynamic Entertainment
17-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Not had a problem :)

Jiggles
17-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Get a real browser! Firefox or Google Chrome! IE has to be the biggest pile of garbage to be forced onto us.

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-08-2009, 04:20 PM
....yawn.

Must you make the same comment every time has a problem with IE?

Jiggles
17-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Yep. Education my good friend education.

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-08-2009, 04:24 PM

What the hell does that mean?

Dynamic Entertainment
17-08-2009, 04:31 PM

What the hell does that mean?

Beyond me...especially as most Educational Establishments are Windows based with IE :confused: :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I use Google Chrome and it works much faster than IE for me, but it doesn't mean I take every opportunity to slate another O/S every time someone has a problem with it.

discomobiledj
17-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I've not had any problems with IE8 personally on my desktop or laptop

DazzyD
17-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I've had problems with IE8 just running really slowly for no apparent reason. Task Manager shows that IE8 is the only major user of system resources at the time.

The only time I use IE8 is when I visit some sites (are there are a few) that cause problems in Firefox. One of these is My3 (on www.three.co.uk). Once I've launched Firefox I can get to my usage and allowances screeen no problem. However, if I try to go back in during the same Firefox session, I get the message "This service is currently unavailable. Please try again later." and I need to close and restart Firefox to go back in. However, IE8 doesn't seem to have this problem and I get in pretty much everytime.

Spirits High
17-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I use Google Chrome and it works much faster than IE for me.

I've just installed chrome now to see if that sorts my net dramas ;)

DeckstarDeluxe
17-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Get a real browser! Firefox or Google Chrome! IE has to be the biggest pile of garbage to be forced onto us.

How do you know its IE thats the issue?

rob1963
18-08-2009, 12:18 AM
I had problems with the way some web pages displayed in IE8, so like most IE users I'm now back on IE7.

DJMaxG
18-08-2009, 05:41 AM
I had problems with the way some web pages displayed in IE8, so like most IE users I'm now back on IE7.

I hate to say it, but I don't know what version I'm running, but it's certainly got a tabbed browser, which is Great, I'll explain more in a minute.

I have the Google Toolbar installed, did originally have the 'Acer Yahoo' one which comes standard with the laptop etc.

The Google Toolbar is great as it has 'Autofill' and 'Bookmarks' whatever that is, also Spellcheck and a search box.

Part of the IE Toolbar now incorporates quick link shortcuts, which I absolutely love. Look below.

as you can see, the quick links are fairly useful for quick navigation without having to go into the favourites menu etc
(Purple circled area)

(Some 'Quick Links' have been removed for security reasons)