PDA

View Full Version : PC Line in Problem

notroubleclubber
18-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Ive got my decks setup as i want to record some running mixes to use at a start of a show.

However no matter what i plug the decks into on my pc (using line in or mic on the onboard sound) i cant hear anything.

Im using audacity to record and ive tried using standard windows recorder too.
Ive found the levels to adjust and made sure the playback and recording levels are selected and setup but i cant hear anything i record and doesnt playback.
Normal sound is working fine (ie, playing an mp3 through the pc).

Im using Vista ultimate which is prob my problem but dont want to downgrade to xp at the moment as i have alot of stuff on there.

Any ideas?

discomobiledj
18-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Are you sure the correct volume turned on?

I use Audacity sometimes and I've never had a problem with it.

Why don't you get an external sound card? The quality difference is huge.

DiscoPromotions
18-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Make sure you in your volume control panel on playback that line in is visible and not mute.

Secondly, check your control panel to see if there is any driver errors as vista is common for that.

Follow discomobiledj advice that would strongly recommend getting an external sound card which makes all the difference in sound reproduction.

notroubleclubber
18-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Im not that worried at the mo about quality as its being used for background music.

I have checked all volumes and levels and they are all ok.

I will try and install my mobo audio drivers gaain to see if that helps.

notroubleclubber
18-08-2009, 08:06 PM
FOund the problem - found for some reason that it kept muting itself. Vista makes things hard to find so once i found it i turned mute off and all works well.