PDA

View Full Version : software to export song data

Daryll
23-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Ok guys , lets pick your brains.

I have on my gig hard drive a folder called "Songs" (that's original :D )
This contains sub folders either from decades or individual albums , now what I need is some software to scan the whole lot ( approx 15000 songs ), so I end up with a list of {artist}-{title} , thats all the info I need at the moment .
This now has to be exported as a CSV or Tab delimited format , to import into either a Access database or MYSQL , preferably the latter .
Your ideas will be very helpful.

Cheers

Daryll

ppentertainments
23-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Mediamonkey - again :D :D

DJMaxG
23-08-2009, 07:04 PM
I have thought about this before myself, and from a Mobile/Club point of view, I couldn't find a point in it.

I would search for the song digitally to play it, but why would I want a plain text database of it?

Daryll
23-08-2009, 07:46 PM
I have thought about this before myself, and from a Mobile/Club point of view, I couldn't find a point in it.

I would search for the song digitally to play it, but why would I want a plain text database of it?

Then let me explain

In order to put a complete list of music on , shall we say a web site , the choices are as follows.

Manually write all the data into a HTML list , there is a very real possibility that the data could be entered incorrectly .
Use a CSV file and export to MYSQL , then using PHP clients could look up songs for thier event , or browse the entire database.

Daryll

ppentertainments
23-08-2009, 07:54 PM

I don't carry complete lists but carry paper 'guides', listing popular tracks for various genres, a must for when you encounter brain freeze :D

Daryll
23-08-2009, 07:59 PM
a must for when you encounter brain freeze :D

which in my case/age seems to happen with an increasing frequency of regularity :D :D

Daryll

DazzyD
23-08-2009, 09:30 PM
I recently did an update on my whole music library and came across this neat piece of software:

http://www.collectorz.com/mp3/

Did the trick for me!

DJMaxG
24-08-2009, 12:22 PM
shall we say a web site

I wouldn't do that personally, because if they find that their track is Not on there, then they may choose not to book or, or feel put off by it.

It is far much easier to offer a blank playlist and state that any tracks are available providing the DJ is notified prior to the event.

But on the other hand, it is useful, so they can create a playlist on the website.

DJWilson
24-08-2009, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't do that personally, because if they find that their track is Not on there, then they may choose not to book or, or feel put off by it.

It is far much easier to offer a blank playlist and state that any tracks are available providing the DJ is notified prior to the event.

But on the other hand, it is useful, so they can create a playlist on the website.

If one of Daryll's clients cant find a song on the database im sure he will get it for them.

Starlight
24-08-2009, 01:00 PM
I recently did an update on my whole music library and came across this neat piece of software:

http://www.collectorz.com/mp3/

Did the trick for me!
Seems easy enough to use. Would be even better if the software supported CD+G karaoke formats too.

Neil M......

welby
24-08-2009, 04:01 PM
This does it and even does karaoke.

Generate professional song books from your MP3, MP3+G karaoke, or video files in just a few clicks! Song List Generator simply reads the music files right from your hard drive and creates a printable book of songs, sliced and diced any way you want (by Artist, Title, DiscID, multi-column, various font sizes, custom messages, custom paper and margin sizes). Exports to PDF format that you can have professionally printed or posted on your web site to download! Advanced users can export raw song data to Microsoft ExcelŽ for further processing. If you use binders with punch holes and want to print double sided, Song List Generator can alternate the left and right margins on odd/even pages for maximum space on each page.

- Reads the files right from your hard drive. No database maintenance required! Reads either file name format or MP3 ID tag.
- Save space by adjusting font size and generating multiple columns per page
- Save space in your karaoke song books by eliminating song duplicates and displaying the different versions all on the same line
- Utilize the maximum space on your pages with adjustable margins
- For pages with binder punch holes, alternate left and right margins on odd and even page numbers for double sided printing
- Automatically correct for underscores and common capitalization problems
- Supports MP3, MP4, MP3+G, MP3+G Zip, AAC, KAR, KFN, KMA, KMF, KOK, MID, MOV, MPEG, WMA, and more.

Sample Song Books (PDF format exported right from the program)

LINK (http://www.latshawsystems.com/ProductDetails_SongListGenerator.aspx)

http://www.latshawsystems.com/images/screenshots/SLG4_SongBook_Karaoke_wversions.gif

worth every penny!

Excalibur
24-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I don't carry complete lists but carry paper 'guides', listing popular tracks for various genres, a must for when you encounter brain freeze :D

which in my case/age seems to happen with an increasing frequency of regularity :D :D

Daryll
Or take a lappy running MM. :D

Don't think nowadays it's a question of not having a track, as we can get 'em easily. It's more for inspiration, and getting a feeling for the style of the output as much as is possible from a list of tracks.

DazzyD
24-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Seems easy enough to use. Would be even better if the software supported CD+G karaoke formats too.

Neil M......

I would've thought that it could handle MP3+G format karaoke. After all, the music track is simply a standard MP3 which can be IDv* tagged. As long as they're not zipped or .bin.