PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: 2 x LED Uplighters

SC Events
24-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Hi all,

I'm on the look out for 2 x LED Uplighters (Chrome) that I can put behind my Deckstand at Weddings and classier venues too make my set up look that extra bit smarter.

I'm thinking I want Par 56's rather than 64's and the LEDJ Colourburst look really small.

So, if any of you have any lying around or know of anyone selling some, I'd like to hear from you.

Budget wise, I can't afford much but I don't really know what these things sell for, so please post what you want for them.

Thank you,

Scott.

Shakermaker Promotions
24-08-2009, 10:26 PM
SJS - Have you not seen some of the photos on here of the LEDJ Colourbursts in action? They may well be small (and not chrome) but they are very bright. If they are going behind your setup then does it matter what colour the casing is?

Why not go along to a Disco store near you and test out some different ones and compare prices? You could get a couple of LEDJ Colourbursts for around £60.00 if you get the right place.

DJ INDIE
24-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I have par 56s and recently bought 2 Kam 36s - very similar to the colorbursts - gees, theyre a good light. like gary says - check them out first, you wont believe them til you see them!

DeckstarDeluxe
24-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Scott get yourself down to HTFR or a similiar shop and see them in action. The is a reason why we all have different uplighters because of personal preference :D

Budget wise you might want the LEDJ colourbursts

SC Events
25-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Cheers for the replies.

I was after Chrome Par 56's, so as well as putting 2 behind my deckstand, when my bank account recovers again I could by more and offer LED Uplighting.

Jiggles
25-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Thomanns Pars then? You would need some sort of DMX controller though.

SC Events
25-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Cheers Callum, I've got a Chauvet Stage Designer 16 DMX Controller, so I think that should be ok :)

SC Events
29-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Nobody selling any?

If not I'll probably get a couple from Thomann

SC Events
10-09-2009, 03:21 PM
SJS - Have you not seen some of the photos on here of the LEDJ Colourbursts in action? They may well be small (and not chrome) but they are very bright. If they are going behind your setup then does it matter what colour the casing is?

Why not go along to a Disco store near you and test out some different ones and compare prices? You could get a couple of LEDJ Colourbursts for around £60.00 if you get the right place.

Hiya Gary,

Are the LEDJ Colourburst's as bright as something like the LED Par 56/64's?

If they are, then I will probably get a couple of those instead, as the take up less room.

One more thing, how do you set/change the colours - do you use a controller?

Cheers

Charlie Brown
10-09-2009, 03:28 PM
SJS - Have you not seen some of the photos on here of the LEDJ Colourbursts in action?

Didn't you have to use two though Garry for everyone "one par 54?"...if that makes sense?

Spirits High
10-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Hiya Gary,

If they are, then I will probably get a couple of those instead, as the take up less room.

Cheers

Scott, Scott, Scott, Use the search facility and all will be revealed ;)

DeckstarDeluxe
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Hiya Gary,

Cheers

Theres a lil mix controller which looks really simple yet effective. Im going to be buying one but think I'll go for the par cans.

I know a chap locally who goes through the colourbursts like they are going out of fashion, not sure if anyone here has had the same issue?

Spirits High
10-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I know a chap locally who goes through the colourbursts like they are going out of fashion, not sure if anyone here has had the same issue?

Had to send one back initially but since then they've been ok. think it may have been a dodgy batch as the landlord in my local bought 8 of them and 3 had to be changed.