PDA

View Full Version : How to light a TINY room?

DJ Jules
27-08-2009, 08:54 PM
I've done a dry hire today for a guy who's hired lights from me a couple of times now. He's got a room in the basement of his house which is about 12' x 12' with about a 7' ceiling (low!) and he seems to regularly hold parties. Both times so far he's hired a set of 4 x 100w mirror scans and a smoke machine from me which work ok-ish in the small space (I put them on a T-bar stand and jack them hard against the ceiling so the lights sweep the room), but to keep him coming back, I'm going to have to start coming up with some different ideas.

He seems to be more of a "Halogen man" than an LED guy (I've shown him the LED effects like the ImpossibleD before and he's not overly interested), and I did wonder about suggesting the Acme Falcon's today (or something similar like Datamoons, etc), but I think a pair of 250w lights would probably be overpowering in the small space, lighting the far wall and leaving a big dark space on all the other walls, or would they?

I did wonder about suggesting a couple of LED panels - but I noticed today that he's bought a set of LED traffic lights at some point, so it'd probably be too similar (or again, possibly too bright in the small space).

Forgetting about what I do and don't have for the moment - what other effects would you use?

Julian