PDA

View Full Version : Lem Cyclops

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I bought this (http://www.rawpower.co.uk/acatalog/LEM.html) from a member of another forum for £200 and I have to say that it is superb!

It is an incredibly balanced sounding system with ooodles of bass and crisp tops.

I've only tested it in the garage, but on first hearing, it is brilliant.

The only thing is, I can't seem to find out anything about them or who makes them!

Adam_F
29-08-2009, 09:58 AM
I'd never heard of Lem, but James H has an active set (2 x 15" bins and 2 x 12" tops) and they sound great. So not surprised that set sounds good.

DazzyD
29-08-2009, 10:12 AM
LEM Audio are an Italian company:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.lemaudio.nl/&ei=rf6YSouhMZ27jAfCvbG8BQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DL.E.M.%2Baudio%26hl%3Den%26client%3Df irefox%26rls%3Dcom.yahoo:en-GB:official%26hs%3Dce0%26sa%3DX

Can't find an english site and Google Translate isn't great but it does give you an idea of what they're about.

Dynamic Entertainment
29-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Looks like a good price too. :)

jamesh
29-08-2009, 01:58 PM
I do indeed have a Lem setup and love it :D and If you like the Cyclops systems Darren you'll love the bigger ranges.

http://www.generalmusic.com/home.asp?lingua=eng

Is the site you need for all things LEM related.

I have the T4A Full range tops and the T5SA Subs (from the titanium range they do)... I also have a LEM RD122 MIxing Desk and a LEM DX24 Plus Speaker Processors/manager.

The great thing with the bigger LEM range is that on the back they have various settings you can select that have been optimised to work together - so for example if you had the LEM T4a tops and T5SA subs you'd select T4A on the subs and it would set the system up to give you the best for that combination... Likewise if you were using the D400 tops with the subs you could select them instead.

They really do make some nice systems.

DJMaxG
29-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I have heard one of these sets before at a Party about 6 years ago.

It was definately 2 X cabs with one sub, and they didn't look active, so it's probably most likely to be a similar system.

I'm not really a fan of semi-passive, not sure why, but just don't like the idea of the sub woofer powering everything.

Tom
29-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I have heard one of these sets before at a Party about 6 years ago.

It was definately 2 X cabs with one sub, and they didn't look active, so it's probably most likely to be a similar system.

I'm not really a fan of semi-passive, not sure why, but just don't like the idea of the sub woofer powering everything.

Would it not be something like all the power amps are built in to the sub so save space??? lol

If anything it's good idea. Saves having to send power cables to the mid-tops.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-08-2009, 05:54 PM
And I thought your post was going to be about SPL and efficiency.:sj:

Tom
29-08-2009, 06:13 PM
And I thought your post was going to be about SPL and efficiency.:sj:

Only when needed. lol

Charlie Brown
29-08-2009, 11:21 PM
.......Darren! You do not need any more gear! You could open a bloomin shop!

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-08-2009, 10:22 AM

Every purchase I make is carefully considered and planned. ;)

rob1963
30-08-2009, 10:54 AM

...For at least 5 seconds!

:D

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-08-2009, 10:59 AM

Incorrect.

Excalibur
30-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Incorrect.

A\bsolutely. I'd expect a chap of your calibre to give it at least ten seconds before you buy the next shiny new bit of kit. :p :D :D Magpie? :confused:

rob1963
30-08-2009, 11:05 AM

Incorrect.

Wow...that means it must be LESS than 5 seconds then!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :p

Excalibur
30-08-2009, 11:13 AM

Charlie, please don't presume to tell someone as mature and sensible as Darren what kit he does and doesn't need. :Naughty:

Cos when he opens the box at home, and realises he doesn't need it, some of us get nice kit at nice prices. :D :D :D

Javlingames
30-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I used to own a Mixer made by these people and it was awesome. The quality was great.

DJ INDIE
30-08-2009, 08:42 PM
i highly recommend this style of kit - several bargains out there. DAP are similar standard - excellent sound. the Waudio gig rig i mentioned in another thread are similar to the LEM cyclops set up.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-08-2009, 09:10 PM
i highly recommend this style of kit - several bargains out there. DAP are similar standard - excellent sound. the Waudio gig rig i mentioned in another thread are similar to the LEM cyclops set up.

I have a pair of W/Audio PSR 8s and while they are not bad quality for background music, I wouldn't even mention them in the same sentence as the LEMS!

Twinspin
30-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I have a pair of W/Audio PSR 8s and while they are not bad quality for background music, I wouldn't even mention them in the same sentence as the LEMS!

the only word that can be mentioned in the same sentence is HK Audio (the lucas systems)

DazzyD
31-08-2009, 08:18 AM
From what I've seen of the Lucas systems, it would cost an awful lot more for a HKA system than Daz paid for that LEM:

http://www.mercury-av.com/sales/hk-audio-lucas-performer-system-2717-0.html

wensleydale
31-08-2009, 09:13 AM
they look really good- for £200 it seems like a great buy.

jamesh
31-08-2009, 10:10 AM

Sound wise Lem are in a totally different league to DAP and Waudio... Although price point they are similar.

The cyclops is on par with the HK Lucas systems but without the price tag to match.

The bigger systems sound wise are close to the likes of Turbosound...

DJMaxG
31-08-2009, 11:28 PM

The PSR 8s are exactly that - 8" Driver

The Lem system has larger cones, and a sub (major important thing), so it is bound to sound a hell lot better. :)

DJ INDIE
31-08-2009, 11:32 PM
i never knew these were rated that highly - these would make a good bargain then?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEM-T5SA-ACTIVE-BASS-SPEAKERS-PAIR_W0QQitemZ140342752501QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Co nElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL?hash=item20ad1474f5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

jamesh
01-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah they've been on ebay for a good few weeks now... No bidders at any time and the owner wont reduce it from £300 for the pair :(

I can't justify buying another pair of bins just for the sake of it at £300 at the moment - but they are a great sub :(

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-09-2009, 09:53 AM
The PSR 8s are exactly that - 8" Driver

The Lem system has larger cones, and a sub (major important thing), so it is bound to sound a hell lot better. :)

No, the Lem has 8" drivers too and speakers don't sound better just because they are bigger. :bang:

Larry B Entertainment
01-09-2009, 10:15 AM
From what I've seen of the Lucas systems, it would cost an awful lot more for a HKA system than Daz paid for that LEM:

http://www.mercury-av.com/sales/hk-audio-lucas-performer-system-2717-0.html

I did a NYE gig a few years back for an entertainment company that gave me one of these Lucas systems to use for the night.
When I first saw it I wouldnt have imagined it was capable of the quality and power that I got from it. Amazing bit of kit, but then again it should be for that price :eek:

DazzyD
02-09-2009, 01:09 PM
I did a NYE gig a few years back for an entertainment company that gave me one of these Lucas systems to use for the night.
When I first saw it I wouldnt have imagined it was capable of the quality and power that I got from it. Amazing bit of kit, but then again it should be for that price :eek:

Yeah. You wouldn't believe something that can be so compact could be so powerful. But that's why they cost half the earth!

DJMaxG
02-09-2009, 02:07 PM
No, the Lem has 8" drivers too and speakers don't sound better just because they are bigger. :bang:

I have to be honest, I took it for granted that they'd be larger than 8s :eek:
I wouldn't think any system would have smaller than 10".

The Cerwin Vega CV28s are obviously a different story altogether as there's 2 of them per cab.

Crikey

Adam_F
02-09-2009, 02:35 PM
The Cerwin Vega CV28s are obviously a different story altogether as there's 2 of them per cab.

Crikey

Indeed!

2 x 8" drivers, 1" compression and 3 amplifiers per cab!

Tom
02-09-2009, 05:18 PM
I have to be honest, I took it for granted that they'd be larger than 8s :eek:
I wouldn't think any system would have smaller than 10".

Crikey

Looks like you have much to learn then. Haha