PDA

View Full Version : Airing grievances

rob1963
01-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Earlier today I noticed a couple of threads which included posts from people who were saying negative things about retailers they'd dealt with.

Late this afternoon, both these threads were closed by a forum official. The reason given was that the forum is not the place to air grievances with retailers, and that these should be taken up directly with the retailers involved. However, a third thread with similar posts was NOT closed, which I found rather confusing.

When I came back from work tonight, I noticed that these threads had since been re-opened & the posts about not airing grievances on the forum had been removed...which has left me even more confused!

Please can I therefore request clarification on the current forum rules concerning airing grievances / saying negative things about retailers.

Thanks in advance.

Shaun
01-09-2009, 11:40 PM
The forum rules are still as stated in the forum rules section. Occasionally the rules are subject to change. In these circumstances the changes may be implimented in the relevant topics on the forum, followed by full clarification by additions in the forum rules section.

Additionally, moderators or admins may lock a thread whilst decisions are being made. Threads were locked earlier until the situation could be discussed between the admins. After consultation, the threads were re-opened with no further addtions to the rules being implimented.

However, topics with such content will be monitored extremely carefully as they could have legal ramifications for the site owners. Factual grievances will however be allowed and monitored.

So to answer your query, there are no further rule changes at this time.

rob1963
02-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the clarification Shaun.

andyw
02-09-2009, 08:12 AM
it is good that we can tell each other of our expiriences with retaillers both good and bad provided we do it right and have given the retailer fair chance to put things right. to me you only find out how good/bad a retailer is when you have a problem, and how they sort out the problem