PDA

View Full Version : Need a refresher!

Ryu
03-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi All,

after a year off of Karaoke, got a Disco/Karaoke combo on 12th September, thing is, I've not really updated my collection since then.

Anyone able to post up a link/give me some idea of the Top Karaoke tracks of the moment, so I can work out how much its gonna cost me :( to get up to speed!!

Thanks for any help offered :beer1:

Penfold42
04-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Black Lace - Karaoke album. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Before anyone rattles on.....I posted this reply tounge in cheek and also to bump it a bit....:)

Charlie Brown
04-09-2009, 12:51 PM
http://www.singtotheworld.com/index.php?task=karaoke

Is this any good? I might use it?

Ryu
04-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the pointers gents, however I think I should re-word my question slightly...

"Which of the last years Top 40 hits are being requested at Karaoke"

Do people do Gaga? Is Katy Perry Hot or Cold? Are there any wannabe Tinchy Stryders on the Karaoke scene?

Sarahjovi
04-09-2009, 01:49 PM
http://www.singtotheworld.com/index.php?task=karaoke

Is this any good? I might use it?

Sing To The World are an excellent Karaoke Song Maker and their custom discs are slightly cheaper than others, I have used their service many times and have been very happy!

Sarah:D

Sarahjovi
04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the pointers gents, however I think I should re-word my question slightly...

"Which of the last years Top 40 hits are being requested at Karaoke"

Do people do Gaga? Is Katy Perry Hot or Cold? Are there any wannabe Tinchy Stryders on the Karaoke scene?

I shouldn't worry too much about having the most up to date songs, in my experience the oldies are requested far more.

However, one gig I did the song that had the whole pub singing along to a was Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon!

I'm going to Karaoke tonight and doing a gig tomorrow, I,ll take note of the more recent songs sung!

Cheers

Excalibur
04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Well since Smashie and Nicey are going to Hull and back tonight, to fill in for a KJ, anyone got a link to a site where we can download karaoke tracks on WiFi? :confused: Thanks.

Sarahjovi
04-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Well since Smashie and Nicey are going to Hull and back tonight, to fill in for a KJ, anyone got a link to a site where we can download karaoke tracks on WiFi? :confused: Thanks.

Try http://www.sbikaraoke.com/

Excalibur
04-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Try http://www.sbikaraoke.com/

Ta muchly. :beer1:

Ryu
05-09-2009, 10:23 AM
I shouldn't worry too much about having the most up to date songs, in my experience the oldies are requested far more.

However, one gig I did the song that had the whole pub singing along to a was Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon!

I'm going to Karaoke tonight and doing a gig tomorrow, I,ll take note of the more recent songs sung!

Cheers

Thanks for your help Sarah, that's good to hear

Sarahjovi
05-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Not much from last night....

Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
Not Fair - Lilly Allen (But that was me!)

Sarah

Sarahjovi
06-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Last night was a crowd of twenty somethings...

recent songs sung were

22 - lilly allen
Mama Do - Pixie Lott
If I was a Boy - Beyonce
Disturbia - Rhianna
Get Sexy - Sugar Babes
Supernova - Mr Hudson
Last Request - Paula Nutini
Halo - Beyonce
Don't Trust Me - 30!H

Make of that what you will!

Ryu
06-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Last night was a crowd of twenty somethings...

Supernova - Mr Hudson

Bet there was some wincing during that song, can't imagine it being the easiest to sing on Karaoke!

Sarahjovi
06-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Bet there was some wincing during that song, can't imagine it being the easiest to sing on Karaoke!

If I remember correctly, the bloke singing it didn't know very well, and a girl had to help him out, but neither did a very good job!

The same bloke did Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi, and I had to sing the verse for him as he only knew the chorus!

Ryu
14-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks again for your help with this Sarah, ended up mainly disco with about 6 tracks, which were, from memory...

Daniel Merriweather - Red (Sang really well, think the guy was an X Factor Hopefull...first up, well confident etc)
Killers- Mr Brightside
McFly - All About You
Britney - Toxic
HSM - Breaking Free
Beyonce - Single Ladies (Which I had to help ALOT with...which was weird, given I am, hopefully obviously, a bloke)

Good night though and good feedback and now stocked with a small but good range of Karaoke tracks incase another one comes up!

DJNutter
14-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Dude !

Not that many tracks get requested, I plug in me mobile broadband and DL anything I dont have, at 85p per song, most a night cost me was about £8, but I keep the karaoke and did not disapoint.. if *U need the DL website PM me cos dont have it with me right now :)

* Please have a quick read of the forum rules regarding text talk. Thanks.

womble
17-09-2009, 03:30 PM
www.buykaraokedownloads.com is one I use - 99c per track.