PDA

View Full Version : Prom Party

Mayhem 1
05-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Doing a "Prom Party" for a Nursery later.

29 x 4yr olds all in ball gowns, Tux's etc and limo's - how cool is this going to be.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-09-2009, 10:56 AM
I think that sounds like the most horrible, pretentious gig I have ever heard. Why on earth would kids that age be wanting to dress up like that - boys especially!

It just sounds like the parents having fun at the kids expense and I don't think it sounds cool at all!

Sorry.

Mayhem 1
05-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Hiya Darren Mate,

I think it is going to be a case of which parent tries to out do the next, a bit of a “Posh Off” if you like.

This party is being held at a very exclusive Nursery and it will be interesting to see what’s what!!!

Besides which mate I was not doing anything, and it beats watching the tv!!!

theoloyla
05-09-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm with you on that one Darren

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Hiya Darren Mate,

I think it is going to be a case of which parent tries to out do the next, a bit of a “Posh Off” if you like.

This party is being held at a very exclusive Nursery and it will be interesting to see what’s what!!!

Besides which mate I was not doing anything, and it beats watching the tv!!!

Don't get me wrong Gary, I wasn't having a pop at you and work is work - I'm sure it will be fine.

It just sounds horrible though! I have visions of 4 year old little girls covered in make up and hairspray, like those American teeny prom things you see on TV.

Mayhem 1
05-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Don't get me wrong Gary, I wasn't having a pop at you and work is work - I'm sure it will be fine.

It just sounds horrible though! I have visions of 4 year old little girls covered in make up and hairspray, like those American teeny prom things you see on TV.

No "Pop" taken mate lol!!!!

I do think you are right about your second comment though, you forgot the fake smiles.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-09-2009, 12:01 PM
To be honest though Gary (puts business head on), if it is an exclusive nursery, then there could be some serious business to be gained for you.

Good luck!

Charlie Brown
05-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Good luck! But I also agree with Darren. On the other hand I guess it's only a bit of harmless fun. If you have the money then why not!

DJMaxG
05-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Sounds Good!
What rig are you using, is it going to be Prom Style? :)

like those American teeny prom things you see on TV

They're all Spoilt in America, if anyone has seen the Sky Channels of these sweet sixteenths.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-09-2009, 03:36 PM
They're all Spoilt in America, if anyone has seen the Sky Channels of these sweet sixteenths.

Bit of a sweeping statement there Max...

visualdjmax
05-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Bit of a sweeping statement there Max...

Nothing new there then?:D

Mayhem 1
06-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Full Event Report here - OMG!!!! What a party!! full report here -
http://www.bumble-b-roadshow.co.uk/index.php/309

andyw
06-09-2009, 09:21 AM
glad it went so ell, i take it you will be using that projector again:bang:

Mayhem 1
06-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Hiya Andy,

The projector belonged to the nursery, but they did say they would take it down for next time!!!

DJMaxG
06-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Full Event Report here - OMG!!!! What a party!! full report here -
http://www.bumble-b-roadshow.co.uk/index.php/309

:p

projector, now you do the sums here - Overhead projector + 6’ 5” Entertainer = “WHACK!!!! I smacked my head on this projector and the children were in hysterics (hmmmm ice broken me thinks!!) so I really went over the top holding my head jumping about like a lunatic shouting “ow - ow - ow - ow” at which point a few of the children were laughing so hard they were on the verge of tears it was a better start than I could ever have hoped for.

Sounds like it went well then, Children generally find realistic jokes funny, and some probably thought you were in real pain from the wack on the head from the projector.

I'd imagen Doug the Waiter also works at the Nursery?

It looks a posh place from the Photos.

The projector belonged to the nursery, but they did say they would take it down for next time!!!

Let's hope it is :o :beer1: ;)

Mayhem 1
07-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Hiya Mate,

Yep it is without doubt the poshist (spelling?) nursery I have ever been to!! and Doug does work as the gardener/caretaker of the place.