PDA

View Full Version : mixer problem line in not working

Spirits High
06-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Morning all,

Had a bit of a problem with my mixer last night.

I've got a Denon 900 (4 ch, 8 inputs)

Set up for the Wedding , sound checked all was fine. Went to play my warm up set and the sound was only coming out of the left channel :eek:

Now as the first dance was only 15 or so mins away I wasn't going to do major rig changes so opted for putting a feed from the left speaker to the right speakers input. Job done I now had sound from both speakers ;)

So when I was cueing up the 2 tracks before the first dance I was quite surprised to hear it in both headphones :eek: Anyway to cut it short the conclusion was that it was only line input 1 that wasn't working all the other inputs were fine.

Anyone else had a problem like this and more importantly is there an easy fix or is it off to the repair shop?

Tom
06-09-2009, 02:06 PM
How odd.

Sorry to ask but I take it you checked all the cables???

If so then it could be a dry joint or something??? Best to get it checked out. :)

Spirits High
06-09-2009, 02:20 PM
How odd.

Sorry to ask but I take it you checked all the cables???

If so then it could be a dry joint or something??? Best to get it checked out. :)

All cables checked/ changed, still persists :(

geoffrey
06-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I had a similar problem a few years back using a different mixer but found it to be a channel selection switch was depressed and it only worked on the right channel. It was very hectic that night and this made things worst. I calmed down a little and after a while couldn’t believe the simplicity of my problem.

Excalibur
06-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Morning all,

Had a bit of a problem with my mixer last night.

I've got a Denon 900 (4 ch, 8 inputs)

Set up for the Wedding , sound checked all was fine. Went to play my warm up set and the sound was only coming out of the left channel :eek:

Now as the first dance was only 15 or so mins away I wasn't going to do major rig changes so opted for putting a feed from the left speaker to the right speakers input. Job done I now had sound from both speakers ;)

So when I was cueing up the 2 tracks before the first dance I was quite surprised to hear it in both headphones :eek: Anyway to cut it short the conclusion was that it was only line input 1 that wasn't working all the other inputs were fine.

Anyone else had a problem like this and more importantly is there an easy fix or is it off to the repair shop?

If it's only line1 on channel 1, then try plugging the source into a different line input, and select that on channel1, as the Denon mixers are fully assignable. If it works, then you've got a faulty cable ( my bet, even if you say not) or a dry joint on channel1 input.

Spirits High
08-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Update time:

Well yesterday I took it all apart rerigged with different cables and the problem was still there. So had resigned myself to taking it the repairers but you know how it is i just had to have another fiddle with it :D

so just now I again changed cables around (different ones again) still the same so re fitted the original cables and blow me it's all sorted :eek:

Very strange but there you go all is well again in Denon land ;)

Vectis
08-09-2009, 12:39 PM

That's the problem with budget equipment... :p ;) :D

Excalibur
08-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Update time:

Well yesterday I took it all apart rerigged with different cables and the problem was still there. So had resigned myself to taking it the repairers but you know how it is i just had to have another fiddle with it :D

so just now I again changed cables around (different ones again) still the same so re fitted the original cables and blow me it's all sorted :eek:

Dry joint. Jer jer jer jer jiggle it Granville. ;) ;)