PDA

View Full Version : amp touble

sted
07-09-2009, 09:15 AM
hi i recently bought the w-audio 1300 and used it for the third time last night and then noticed that towards the end of the night the PROT light on the left channel was coming on i have looked in the manual and it says the following:

Protect LED - This LED illuminates when the amplifier is switched on as long as the speakers
are not connected with the amplifi er. If this LED is illuminated during the operation, one of the
protected circuits is active. Please take the amplifi er out of operation and check it.

it came on for two minutes then off again then half an hour later it came on again for two or three minutes

any suggestions on what i should do?

rob1963
07-09-2009, 09:22 AM
If I was you, I'd get it looked at by a qualified professional.

The vast majority of amp problems are caused by heat, so it's likely to be something caused by that, but you really need someone who knows what they're doing.

sted
07-09-2009, 09:33 AM
ok thanks.

will try find someone local to devon!

sted
07-09-2009, 10:20 AM
hi just been on the phone to a local dealer and they said that it sounds like the signal going into the amp is peaking on the left channel but sorry to sound stupid but this does'nt make sense. am running from my pc using pcdj vj and through a denon x50 and then into the amp it was not clipping at all and when the light came on it halfed the amount of sound coming out of the left speaker.

he also suggested that as it is only 4 weeks old that warrior should still cover this on guarantee?

rob1963
07-09-2009, 10:39 AM
he also suggested that as it is only 4 weeks old that warrior should still cover this on guarantee?

If the amp has developed a fault within the first 4 weeks, that should certainly be the case.

Larry B Entertainment
07-09-2009, 11:10 AM
If the amp has developed a fault within the first 4 weeks, that should certainly be the case.

I would expect the guarentee to cover upto 12 months after purchase.

rob1963
07-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I would expect the guarentee to cover upto 12 months after purchase.

So would I!

sted
07-09-2009, 12:06 PM
i have just emailed the company i bought it off and waiting for them to get back in touch

thanks for the help

DJ Jules
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
i have just emailed the company i bought it off and waiting for them to get back in touch

thanks for the help

Because it's flashing on and off, I suspect it's probably an amp fault (or possibly a wiring problem on the input or output side). Do you get the same problem if you run it for a while with different speakers or does the problem switch to the other side if you swap the cables over at the back of the amp?

However, I have noticed that the PROT light also comes on if you accidentally switch the amp from Stereo mode into Bridged - which is pretty easy to do while you're plugging in - but I wouldn't expect it to flick on/off while you're running or cause the output to drop on one side.

Julian

MagicMusic
07-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Sadly i can't help you with your problem but for the benefit of anyone who is interested;

The law states that electronic goods sold must be guaranteed by the retailer for a minimum period of ninety days.

Absolute garbage but unfortunately true.

Once a retailer has sold you a product your contract is with THEM.

Do not stand for excuses such as "its a manufacturing defect you must take it up with the manufacturer"