PDA

View Full Version : looking for a laser

DJkiller
07-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Hi,

I am looking to add 1 or 2 lasers to my set-up. any suggestions on which ones are best, I am looking for a one that works well without smoke.

Thanks for your help.
Michael

WWDJ
07-09-2009, 05:42 PM
From a Health and Safety point of view and a without smoke point of view go for a defraction laser.

Kam have just launched a new range at reasonable prices. Due to the wide spread you might only need one however 2 set up as master slave would look great, paticularly if you were allowed to use smoke sometimes.

welby
09-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi,

I am looking to add 1 or 2 lasers to my set-up. any suggestions on which ones are best, I am looking for a one that works well without smoke.

Thanks for your help.
Michael

I love my KAM Tri 160 - get it with the controller and you wont need to DMX. It's stunning in my opinion.

This video does not do it justice - the tunnel effect is amazing . Can't you guess I love it? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddJlNVKlNqo

DJkiller
09-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi, i do like the Kam tri looks realy good do you think this would work well and be safe without smoke? I have also been looking at the new Kam range but havent really seen them has anyone got any videos?

Pe7e
09-09-2009, 10:09 AM
The only ones to work well without smoke/haze are the difraction lasers, such as the 'star cluster' range, an added bonus is, these lasers are also the safest in normal use.

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-09-2009, 11:38 AM
The only ones to work well without smoke/haze are the difraction lasers, such as the 'star cluster' range, an added bonus is, these lasers are also the safest in normal use.

I would have thought that animation lasers would work without haze or smoke?

Pe7e
09-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I would have thought that animation lasers would work without haze or smoke?

Yes animation lasers do work without smoke, but you need suitable venues to use them in, to ensure the guests can actually see them. High celings help, especially if you hang a scrim cloth to project on to, but how many mobile jocks will go to that much trouble, IMO very few.