PDA

View Full Version : Cheap LED Par Cans & Dynatwins..?

mikejburrett
18-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Ok, before you all start shouting at me - I know that the LED ParCans I have with 5 DMX Channels (8 dipswitches) do not have Master/Slave function, but I wondered if there was a way to link them with my Dynatwins and have them display an identical colour to them? I have the Dynatwins connected together and controlled using the basic CA-8 handheld.
I ask only as I do not know much about DMX and have no instructions with regards the dipswitches (http://www.thomann.de/gb/prod_bdb_AR_193249.html?image=7) on the ParCans (Similar to STAIRVILLE LED PAR 64)

WWDJ
18-09-2009, 02:13 PM
You will need a DMX Controller.

Cj_The_Dj
18-09-2009, 02:15 PM
yer as above they will not work dmx, do you have a link to your cans as im after a few...

WWDJ
18-09-2009, 02:20 PM
be aware that these cans in addition to not doing master/slave also do not strobe. (at least mine didn't). Mine were the Stairville LED Par 64. This may or may not be important to you.

Charlie Brown
18-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Mike,

Just looked at your website and noticed you have your own "Disco clothing brand." Do people actually buy your "souvenir" t shirts?

Sorry for going off topic, I'm just interested. :)

mikejburrett
22-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Look like I will be buying a DMX Controller soon then!
I'm interested to know if there are easy and more complex ways to have a group of lights from different manufacturers - for example I would like to have my Dynatwins do their own 'thing' and have my LED Pars matching the colours at all times without having to keep using a controller?

mikejburrett
22-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Mike,

Just looked at your website and noticed you have your own "Disco clothing brand." Do people actually buy your "souvenir" t shirts?

Sorry for going off topic, I'm just interested. :)

Hi Charlie Brown,

I have sold a few T-shirts but not many. I need to get some for myself and wear them out and about - hopefuly people may then be more interested.

I also haven't marketed them much - and I plan to give some away at events/competetions.

-Mike

Vectis
22-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I would like to have my Dynatwins do their own 'thing' and have my LED Pars matching the colours at all times

Therefore you'll need DMX :cool: