PDA

View Full Version : Where can new folk go to discuss .....

NKR
18-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi

Is there anywhere us new folk can go to natter to each other about stuff that the more experience folks have already discussed a hundred times.

I can understand how it must be frustrating that new folk come along and keep asking the same stuff.

However, if you stuck us all in a sort of DJ nursery would could all natter amongst ourselves quite happilly without annoying the experienced folks. I know there is a newbie bit, but that seems to be just to say hello.

The experienced folk could pop in from time to time to make sure we weren't sticking our fingers in sockets or getting speakons stuck up our noses.

If this has been suggested before I apologise.

I just like to natter with new folks about stuff.

Cheers:beer1: (although beer may not be appropriate in a nursery - babies and booze and all, and not being able to give them it.)

JDB Entertainment
18-09-2009, 04:10 PM
The problem with this is... What if someone NEW gives you advise and it is totally the wrong thing to do?

James

NKR
18-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Thats a good point, but its more to avoid getting someones goat by asking the same stuff as thats what seems to happen.

But yeah you could get a load of newbies melting their kit by giving each other bad advice or just telling each other to buy chaff.

Thats why I suggested someone very patient supervise to stop fingers in sockets, etc.

Vectis
18-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Try the search button.

If that doesn't work, post in the relevant category and then duck behind the nearest sofa ... like this :sofa: :D

You'll find that the more experienced members can spot the difference between a genuine plea for help and the lazy numpty who can't be bothered to try researching first before posting.

I for one am always willing to repeat myself if the question is asked in the right way.

Tom
18-09-2009, 08:14 PM
NKR, just get stuck in. lol.

As already said, use the search button. It does work very well, but if you still can't find what you are after then post up any questions you have. :)

DeckstarDeluxe
18-09-2009, 08:20 PM
The problem with this is... What if someone NEW gives you advise and it is totally the wrong thing to do?

James

Couldnt of said it better myself.

NKR
19-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys.

I'm not particularly looking for advice myself as I have been in this game for a while, its just always interesting to chat and debate some of the hotter, more common issues around the industry.

There's no substitute for a good natter. Using the search facility just feels a bit like reading a transcript of someone else's natter. I will use it if anything springs to mind where I could do with some help.

Anyway I will just hang about around the bar and chip in every now and again. If I get into enough conversations I might even get a round in :eek: what have I said, you can tell I was working late last night and had to get up early to get the roadshow beast in for its major service ..... go beast go.

I'll be over here if anyone wants a swift one. :beer1:

andyw
19-09-2009, 10:00 AM
if it's a hot subject it will get debated often anyway and we can all just ignore it if we are sick of it, mines a large coke ice and lemon as i'm driving,:bang:
a dj nursery brilliant we could let max moderate it:)

NKR
19-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Also do we have anywhere where we can go cruisin'? You know pimp the rig up and just show off like with cars.

I have tried searching pimp my rig and Westwood, but no joy.

Coke coming your way chief!

Shaun
19-09-2009, 11:13 AM
I know there is a newbie bit, but that seems to be just to say hello.

Which you still haven't done (not in your own newbie topic anyway). Please take a moment to post a new thread in the newbies section to inctroduce yourself to the members. Thanks. ;)

andyw
19-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Also do we have anywhere where we can go cruisin'? You know pimp the rig up and just show off like with cars.

I have tried searching pimp my rig and Westwood, but no joy.

Coke coming your way chief!

have you looked in the gallery, while your getting the coke shove a couple of vodka's in it, i'll get a taxi:)

NKR
19-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I did intro myself a while ago, but will do again.

I kind of came on and forgot about it for a bit, then got a reminder that the new site was live then came back.

Good lad - a double vodka added.

Corabar Steve
19-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Which you still haven't done (not in your own newbie topic anyway). Please take a moment to post a new thread in the newbies section to inctroduce yourself to the members. Thanks. ;)
He did, on Tuesday.

Wake up at the back http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-13531.gif (http://planetsmilies.net):sj:

Shaun
19-09-2009, 03:10 PM
My apologies then. I looked but must have overlooked it. :)

NKR
19-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I actually responded to someone elses intro couple of days ago to say hello and that I was fairly new on here.

I can do the intro thing again if you wish its no problem.

Corabar Steve
19-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I actually responded to someone elses intro couple of days ago to say hello and that I was fairly new on here.

I can do the intro thing again if you wish its no problem.
No need You already have, it's here (http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=21677)

EDIT: OK I'll forgive you both it wasn't Tuesday, it was 15th Aug. :sj:

Excalibur
20-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Try the search button.

If that doesn't work, post in the relevant category and then duck behind the nearest sofa ... like this :sofa: :D

You'll find that the more experienced members can spot the difference between a genuine plea for help and the lazy numpty who can't be bothered to try researching first before posting.

I for one am always willing to repeat myself if the question is asked in the right way.
Amen, Brother. ;) If it's a genuine plea, as Vectis says, you'll probably not need a sofa. :D

No need You already have, it's here (http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=21677)

EDIT: OK I'll forgive you both it wasn't Tuesday, it was 15th Aug. :sj:

Whan you get to my age, everything happened on Tuesday. ;)

Corabar Steve
21-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Is that a Yorkshire colloquialism?

Dynamic Entertainment
21-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Amen, Brother. ;) If it's a genuine plea, as Vectis says, you'll probably not need a sofa. :D

lost me.....:confused: - B&Q's day is wednesday :sofa: :D

StarZSoundS
24-09-2009, 06:12 AM

I was setting up yesterday and somebody asked me if there was a B&Q in Sheffield??

I said no there is a S....H....E...TWO F's....:Laugh:

Excalibur
26-09-2009, 08:35 PM

I like B&Q. They always ask me if I'm over 18 when I buy sharp things. :D

I was setting up yesterday and somebody asked me if there was a B&Q in Sheffield??

I said no there is a S....H....E...TWO F's....:Laugh:

Rob, you have competition. :bang: :bang: