PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Stream My Mixes Live

notroubleclubber
25-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I know i can record my mixes onto pc then upload them somewhere and send out the links to my mates to listen to but i want to do a mix "live" and stream it out live so my mates can connect to my pc or a webpage and hear my mix "live".

Is this possible as everywhere ive looked seem to just enable me to play mp3s and stream them rather than a mix through my line in socket on my pc.

Jiggles
25-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Have a look for Shoutcast. :) I think that's what you want. Just plug your Mixer in via the line in port on your PC and away you go.

Corabar Steve
26-09-2009, 01:52 AM
Don't forget possible copyright issues with this. You could end up breaking the law.

kilmeedyman
26-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Don't forget possible copyright issues with this. You could end up breaking the law.

What he said. :police:

DJMaxG
02-10-2009, 11:55 PM
It depends whether you want to stream it Live or make it available for Downloading.

You can conduct Live Video (webcam) Shows (including sound) on Ustream (http://www.ustream.tv) or Blog TV (http://www.blogtv.com) where the audio won't be perfect quality, but is good enough to hear. (Free Service)

Online Radio Stations use Shoutcast servers to stream from, and they would expectedly cost.

File Sharing sites can contain viruses and are ilegal to use for copyright reasons, But I know there are a few DJs submitting their mixes onto ITunes where listeners can download for free, but I'm not sure whether there is a fee for it, to upload your mixes. (Podcast)

Corabar Steve
03-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Are you in some sort of time warp Max? or does it just take you that long to figure our an answer ro the questions?
But I know there are a few DJs submitting their mixes onto ITunes where listeners can download for free, but I'm not sure whether there is a fee for it, to upload your mixes. (Podcast)Really? How do yoou do that then?

DJMaxG
03-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Are you in some sort of time warp Max? or does it just take you that long to figure our an answer ro the questions

It is better to give a detailed view, rather than not giving enough info

Really? How do yoou do that then?
Because a DJ started Submitting Podcasts on there, said that they are available to download, and they played - That's How ;)

Are you typing on some kind of Pocket surfer or Blackberry :confused:
(some spellings are wrong etc) :eek:

Corabar Steve
03-10-2009, 02:27 AM
Because a DJ started Submitting Podcasts on there, said that they are available to download, and they played - That's How ;)

Wouldn't that contravene copyright ont he original recordings?

Are you typing on some kind of Pocket surfer or Blackberry :confused:
(some spellings are wrong etc) :eek:
Tired & slightly inebriated

DJMaxG
03-10-2009, 03:27 AM
Wouldn't that contravene copyright ont he original recordings?

He mixes Trance, and Yes I'm pretty sure he is breaching copyright.

He has co-produced tracks though (not relevant to above)

discomobiledj
03-10-2009, 04:38 AM
So, that means that you are listening to illegal downloads....tut tut :police:

DJMaxG
03-10-2009, 07:34 PM
So, that means that you are listening to illegal downloads....tut tut :police:

I don't listen to them reguarly, but have done.