PDA

View Full Version : Gemini 15" Active speakers?

Pe7e
26-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Has anyone any experience with these? Are they any good? Any known problems? Anything I should know? your experiences with these would be appreciated.

WWDJ
26-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Haven't tried the Gemini's but a tour around their website reveals that they do not state SPL, which is what you need to know how loud they are. That would put me off for sure.

In the 15" Active arena, I have literally just bought a pair of W-Audio PSR15a's. After 2 gigs I am very pleased and I will see how I get on. They are certainly loud. Bass is decent and you can get them for £495 for the pair if you look around (PM me). They come with great covers to which you can leave on for gigging if you wish. The downside ... they are heavy at 30kgs but to be honest I don't notice them being heavier than my mackie SRM450s at 23kg. Obviously they are bulkier being a 15" driver.

Sorry I can't offer more on the Gemini's but I wanted to 'big up' the PSR15a's as they should be on your audition list if you haven't already.

Cj_The_Dj
26-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Haven't tried the Gemini's but a tour around their website reveals that they do not state SPL, which is what you need to know how loud they are. That would put me off for sure.

In the 15" Active arena, I have literally just bought a pair of W-Audio PSR15a's. After 2 gigs I am very pleased and I will see how I get on. They are certainly loud. Bass is decent and you can get them for £495 for the pair if you look around (PM me). They come with great covers to which you can leave on for gigging if you wish. The downside ... they are heavy at 30kgs but to be honest I don't notice them being heavier than my mackie SRM450s at 23kg. Obviously they are bulkier being a 15" driver.

Sorry I can't offer more on the Gemini's but I wanted to 'big up' the PSR15a's as they should be on your audition list if you haven't already.

I also Love the PSR15a I got mine in mint conditon second hand for 250.00, paul from spirt high used to use them befor he upgraded to rcf.

Shakermaker Promotions
27-09-2009, 05:38 PM
What model are these? If it's the GX range then I had a pair of the GX450's before I got the DB Technologies and they don't compare to be honest. The Gemini's were heavy and bulky and as I understood it...they were prone to overheating. They have EQ's on the back but to be honest, it doesn't make them sound any better. As soon as I purchased the DB's, I sold the Gemini's on to a mate and he uses them for vocal P.A.'s as monitors. They are ok for that.

If it's not the GX range then forget everything I just said as they are the only ones I have used....and won't be again. Just my opinion though.

Pe7e
27-09-2009, 06:35 PM
What model are these? If it's the GX range then I had a pair of the GX450's before I got the DB Technologies and they don't compare to be honest. The Gemini's were heavy and bulky and as I understood it...they were prone to overheating. They have EQ's on the back but to be honest, it doesn't make them sound any better. As soon as I purchased the DB's, I sold the Gemini's on to a mate and he uses them for vocal P.A.'s as monitors. They are ok for that.

If it's not the GX range then forget everything I just said as they are the only ones I have used....and won't be again. Just my opinion though.

To be honest, I'm not sure, I saw a pair complete with covers, plus stands also with covers and XLR leads. The speakers had supposedly only been used 3 times, and were on sale on eBay for £350 ish, I thought they looked a bargain, but gave them a miss in the end. Anyone got a nice pair of W Audio 15's for sale?

yourdj
27-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Not bad i have two.

Very useful for small set ups and pa for speeches etc due to ease of use. The back panel has xlr, jack and phono. Mine blew up but thats because i was running too much bass through them. They are being fixed for my tight fitting residency in dec.

You can put lights on the top too, which helps optimise space.

Add a sub if i were you.

DeckstarDeluxe
27-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Not bad i have two.

Very useful for small set ups and pa for speeches etc due to ease of use. The back panel has xlr, jack and phono. Mine blew up but thats because i was running too much bass through them. They are being fixed for my tight fitting residency in dec.

You can put lights on the top too, which helps optimise space.

Add a sub if i were you.

how would you secure the light to the speaker?

Danno13
27-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I think they have nuts in the top for flying frames, so whack an impossibLED and a bolt through into the nut and you're away (and add another speaker & light for non-kids parties :D )

Adam_F
27-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I think they have nuts in the top for flying frames, so whack an impossibLED and a bolt through into the nut and you're away (and add another speaker & light for non-kids parties :D )

Blimey, perhaps you should get Ben to join this forum, with all the talking your all doing about him LoL

DeckstarDeluxe
27-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Blimey, perhaps you should get Ben to join this forum, with all the talking your all doing about him LoL

I think you'll find he already has :P

flatliners
05-10-2009, 01:52 PM
well at the bpm show they had so solid crew crew on the gemini stand running through there new pa but it went pop so in the end they rigged into the rcf speakers on a stand near by good old rcf