PDA

View Full Version : Disco Suppliers tips

scoopd
29-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Just thinking it might be an idea to have a Suppliers tips section on the website where Brides and Grooms could look for example to see what advice DJs give about set up times,lighting,sound,song suggestions that would be beneficial to them etc etc.

I was thinking about this for a specific wedding directory but figure it might be best for MDD.To my mind it would be better if the suppliers were anonomous so that the couples could look at the impartial advice without anybody trying to punt themselves by giving more/better advice and having a link to the url.The more people that come to the site in general the better for us all and it's something we could all add to.

If it was linked to the actual "find a dj" section of the site it could be the one section that wasn't mostly just for the dj's.At the end of the day I think we should move forward on this and if the chpas/chapesses on here don't like the idea I think I'll put it on my own website.

To my mind there would be nowhere else that people looking ofr a dj could get a whole bundle of different genre's of knowledge all in one place.

The only thing is it may need to be initailly heavily moderated so that it isn't just guys saying to couples "make sure you do this for your dj or that and he'll have an easier night" if that makes sense

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-09-2009, 05:54 PM
The trouble is with that is that everyone has a different idea of what is the right way.

We did used to have this kind of thing when we started, infact, the whole thing was started so that clients could come and ask questions, but it soon changed into a DJ forum.

scoopd
29-09-2009, 06:02 PM
oh well. Not to worry. Thanks for letting me know

DJMaxG
29-09-2009, 11:40 PM
What do you mean by Suppliers remaining annonomous?

Supplier as in DJ?

scoopd
30-09-2009, 12:00 AM
What do you mean by Suppliers remaining annonomous?

Supplier as in DJ?

yes

Corabar Steve
30-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Rules Max out then, on both counts :sj:

Tom
30-09-2009, 07:20 PM
:Laugh: